Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
Finally got pictured in Racer's Rides!! >

Finally got pictured in Racer's Rides!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finally got pictured in Racer's Rides!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

Default Finally got pictured in Racer's Rides!!

Haha, I just had to bask for just a minute. When I was a kid, I sent in dozens of pictures to RC magazines. I had pretty much given up on being pictured when I decided to send in a picture of a Cadillac CTS-V body I painted a few months ago. Lo, and behold, my July XRC magazine came in and I was the featured ride!
As if that's not cool enough, I can't wait to get the XRC T-Shirt and the XXX-Main DVD along with a year's subscription that XRC is cool enough to throw in to make it even sweeter!

Don't mind me, I'm just giddy like a child. LOL
Old 05-26-2005, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

can we see the picture
Old 05-26-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah, go pick up the magazine! haha. Just kidding, here it is...
Attached Thumbnails Finally got pictured in Racer's Rides!!-cts-v-02.jpg  
Old 05-26-2005, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

Looks good. I hope you get your stuff from xrc mag.

I got my mini in rc car and I never got any thing, I even had to pay for the mag that had my car in it . And I have emailed them and they still have not sent me my "free year subscription".
Old 05-26-2005, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah I thought RCCA wasn't doing the free subscriptions any more. Hopefully, I'll get some freebies from XRC, though.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TouringMaster
Looks good. I hope you get your stuff from xrc mag.

I got my mini in rc car and I never got any thing, I even had to pay for the mag that had my car in it . And I have emailed them and they still have not sent me my "free year subscription".
Same thing for me. I got my car featured and won a subscription......that was over a year ago and no magazine has ever been sent.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:16 PM
R/C Tech Founder

If you guys don't receive your stuff, email [email protected] and CC me on it, [email protected] and we will make sure it gets fulfilled.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by futureal
If you guys don't receive your stuff, email [email protected] and CC me on it, [email protected] and we will make sure it gets fulfilled.
That's very cool of you to offer, Shane. I'm just having way too much fun showing off the magazine to all my friends and colleagues, haha.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Can you do this for RC CAR magazine?
Old 06-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SammyXp
Haha, I just had to bask for just a minute. When I was a kid, I sent in dozens of pictures to RC magazines. I had pretty much given up on being pictured when I decided to send in a picture of a Cadillac CTS-V body I painted a few months ago. Lo, and behold, my July XRC magazine came in and I was the featured ride!
As if that's not cool enough, I can't wait to get the XRC T-Shirt and the XXX-Main DVD along with a year's subscription that XRC is cool enough to throw in to make it even sweeter!

Great photography on that picture. Most people take their pic from a high angle which makes the car look small but yours is really low which makes the car look bigger and therefore more realistic. Very cool.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:33 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally Posted by TouringMaster
Can you do this for RC CAR magazine?
That is only good for Xtreme RC Cars, because I work there. For other magazines, you'd have to contact them directly.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Congrats man! I actually just got that issue yesterday.

Yeah it can take some time to get the kewl free stuff from XRC. But like Shane said if you don't get it just email Derek about it.

My car was the feature car in the December 2k4 issue! And it took awhile to get my stuff but well worth the wait and hell it's FREE!!! But hey they are busy people
Old 06-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Everybody that's had their rides in any R/C publications, scan them and post them. I've had my car in r/c action waaaaay back in 97. I'll find it tonight and post it here.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SammyXp

That was an awesome job on the car. I didn't lay that column out that month (I usually do). I did see the photos and thought it was sooo cool. GREAT JOB!
Old 09-30-2005, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

Dude, I sent an email a month or two ago. Seems like XRC isn't the only one, though. Has anyone actually received their prizes, from any magazine?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.