Wiki Posts
Search

Spastix and Fascolor

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PaulC2K
From a personal view, ive not been a big fan of Pactra paints, asside from them having a tendancy to flake/crumble on a shell and chips when cutting shells, i've also found sometimes it doesnt work well on the spazstix chrome, i dont know if its due to the laquer mix there, or what, but it seems a little more aggressive, at least the Spaz Stix paints are pre-mixed to work with each other.
Yeah, I'm not sure I'd advise anyone to use pactra spray for backing chrome. The lacquer mix is very high in some of them and eat right through a lot of paints. I only use pactra sprint white (or opaque cover coat) after I've got faskolor covering everything. Pactra pearl white is especially brutal on waterbase paints.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well I used the gloss black backer and it darkened the chrome down quite a lot. It looks OK though. I think I might use faskolor silver next time to brighten it up.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It NEEDS the darkness to give the Chrome DEPTH, it is more WHAT black you use, try the faskolor black, I have used that on AlcladII and it looked good (shame about the AlcladII though).

I shall be trying the SpazStix Chrome in the next week, will see the difference).