Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marble effect help please...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Default Marble effect help please...

Hi guys, just having a go at doing some 'marbling' effect and had a question regarding the colour order for doing this. I did a 12th b'shell last night, spraying met' blue (which I did the marbling effect with using cling film) and then backed it with silver. Then, did the other half of the b'shell starting with white (did the cling film thing on the white colour) and then backed that again with silver. The silver has come through both the blue and white and it looks OK, but to get a better effect, should I have started with a black, do the cling film thing to that black colour, then spray met blue and then back that with silver? Would this give a better effect??

Thanks for any help, cheers, Chris.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

the best results come from laying down a transparent base and drying. Next lay down silver pretty heavy, then, while it is still wet, blotting it around. Back all that with a darker color to get the deep marbled look.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (97%+)

i have found that if you are going to do silver and blue that you spray the silver first, blot, dry, do silver again, blot, dry, then spray blue. i ahve found doing the 2nd spray that it gives it more depth.
comes out like this, did the dark blue then the light blue
Old 02-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Thanks very much chaps. Will try out your ideas on the next couple of b'shells that I will be doing soon.

Cheers!