Wiki Posts
Search

How To (advanced questions)

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default How To (advanced questions)

couple of questions i see a lot of carbon fiber, how is this done ??, are there stencils or some special technique ,i find it hard to believe someone would make a mask that detailed,

second how are the ghost skulls and other shadow graphics done in the solid color area ?

any one who could explain it or point me in the right direction would be great !!

Thanks to all the skilled painters , you guys are really talented !!!
Old 10-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The carbon fiber look can be done two different ways, 1. yes guys do weed out vynil and apply it to the body and paint one colour with or with out shadows and then peel it out and apply the next colour, 2. you purchase an item called drawer liner roll which is a fabric that is just the right size and cut it into pieces that fit the area you want to carbon fiber look.

Most guys do there ghost skulls with either vynil masks or micro fiber lexan templates and just flex it into place and shadow around it before backing it, with the vynil type you have the options to do more detailed work around the area before peeling out the vynil
Old 10-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

A lot of people use shelf liner to make carbon fiber look. I bought a roll of it from Ace hardware - http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...ductId=3107296. don't let the price scare you, this is for a 6 pack of rolls. I think I paid about $7 for a roll. Use that as your mask. Spray some silver then back it with black. Simple.

For skulls, head to a art supply store and hit the airbrush section. My local store had a few kinds. Spray your light color around the mask against the clear body then back with your darker color of choice. I haven't done this yet, but it will work for skulls, ghost flames, etc. There are probably much more experiences painters on here that can give you more details info...

Good luck!
Old 10-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks Guys !!
ps i tried to cut out a carbon fiber mask ... 2 hours later ... i gave up
Old 10-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I use http://arrowgrafix.net/index.php?pr=For_Sale