Wiki Posts
Search

How long is too long?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default How long is too long?

I placed an order for a custom paint job on Feb 25th, paying a deposit to hold a place in line. At the time, i was given a 2 -3 month time line. I have kept in contact with the painter, getting reassurance every time that the paint job is coming along, but he states that he is a very busy man. I have been quite patient with this all so far. But patience is fading quickly. Is 5 months too long for a 2 color F1 body?
Old 07-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Ask politely for a refund and go elsewhere. Lots of painters that don't have that long of a backlog.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have had some paint jobs take a very long time and I have received some very fast. some of the more popular painters on this site can be very back logged and I have ahd some tell me they cant take my order and to check back in a few months. if he is an established painter that is on here I think he is just backed up and probably also has a regular job that takes time away from it. for me I usually order bodies from multiple painters and the ones I am waiting on will more than likely be on a shelf queen and for display only so I am not in a rush.

I live in Houston and we have a painter Jimmy Avila and he has been very good at getting me my stuff usually in a week and he is a good painter. if you need something fast you might want to check him out. his company is RC Ink

http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting...ston-tx-7.html
Old 07-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Your local hobby shop should be able to recommend near you. I have painted for 20+ years for locals in the Chicago suburbs, and I have never had someone wait more than a week to ten days. Most times it is more like three or four days. I would ask for your money back and look for another painter.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Thanks for the advice. I am glad that I am not the only one who thinks that this is too long. I will contact the painter, and hope for a smooth resolution.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cyric
I have had some paint jobs take a very long time and I have received some very fast. some of the more popular painters on this site can be very back logged and I have ahd some tell me they cant take my order and to check back in a few months. if he is an established painter that is on here I think he is just backed up and probably also has a regular job that takes time away from it. for me I usually order bodies from multiple painters and the ones I am waiting on will more than likely be on a shelf queen and for display only so I am not in a rush.

I live in Houston and we have a painter Jimmy Avila and he has been very good at getting me my stuff usually in a week and he is a good painter. if you need something fast you might want to check him out. his company is RC Ink

http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting...ston-tx-7.html
...You're one hellaova patient dude.