Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RCS paint stock here in the US

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

it is a cleaner by nature, but a lot of people use it to get rid of static charge and eliminate ghost farts
Old 04-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Finally got around to trying out the RCS line, its sprays very well, I can see why some painters only use solvent paint, its much easier to manage than waterbased, too bad it smells! What is everyone using to back the candy colors with? I tried red backed with faschrome and then fasilver, It's very sparkly, but not very "deep". I like the look of the one backed with aluminum base, any chance of getting some of that on your next order chris?

The chrome sprayed and layered exactly the same as the spaz I was using, good stuff.

Thanks for bringing this stuff in Chris.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Glad that your liking the RCS line Mike. Its a great paint line and I'm happy to be working with Jon to make it avalilible to painters here in the U.S. The Aluminum base is an Auto Air paint and comes in three forms, corse(think bass boat flake), medium, and fine. I use the fine and corse alot myself thay look great backing up the candys but each gives a different effect. Very sparkly for the corse and smooth but slightly subduded for the fine; I'll check into adding that to the site as well. For a really deep backer use the chrome, that adds tons of depth.

Jon is working on filling my next order right now which includes more colors and some of his stencils, I'll update the thread just as soon as those products are avalilible. I also did a slight redesign of the site, trying out a new look and added pics of the paint; much needed. While doing so I found that the canned program was not calculating the priority rates correctly each time, I have that sorted out now sorry everyone for not seeing that sooner.

Thanks to everyone that has ordered, I know that you have choices and your support is greatly appreciated.

Chris
Old 04-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Champion

Cool thanks, I've got to order some paint from coast anyway, they should have those AA colors.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

Here's a pic of how it looks
Old 04-16-2012, 02:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Mike, it does smell being a solvent based paint but nowhere near as much as other known brands..

Looks like you didn't apply very much. Candies build in color/effect the more you apply.

Regards,

Jon
Old 04-16-2012, 06:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jonmills
Hey Mike, it does smell being a solvent based paint but nowhere near as much as other known brands..

Looks like you didn't apply very much. Candies build in color/effect the more you apply.

Regards,

Jon
On average, how many coats would you recommend? that was 4 I believe, I tried to keep them light, I wasn't sure at what point I would risk getting drips. (biggest reason I hate spray cans and candy, could never get the right coverage).
Old 04-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Super quick, from order to delivery! Thanks Chris! Can't wait to shoot some chrome today.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

It really depends on how deep you want the color, as a general rule 5 to 6 mabey more if thay are very light coats. I once layed down 10 coats total to get the depth and effect I wanted with a blue using the AA to back with, 9 coats of candy, and a silver backer. IT does take abit longer to lay down multiple coats as you need to allow for curing time; you dont want to trap the solvents under layers as that can cause some issues. But the final effect was really nice.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sparkwraps
Super quick, from order to delivery! Thanks Chris! Can't wait to shoot some chrome today.
Thanks for the kind words, be sure to post up a pic when you've finished
Old 04-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chris moore
Thanks for the kind words, be sure to post up a pic when you've finished
First time spraying chrome anything - I was expecting noxious fumes and the RCS stuff is far less than a spray can of clear overcoat. No worries at all shooting it in my basement.

I laid down four coats. Each coat was coaxed into drying with a hairdryer. After cooling, the next coat and so on.

I backed it with black and the results are pretty good! Weird how you can look right through it then back it with black and it is shiny. I wonder what a white backer would do - would it pop more? Does it show the same difference when backing silver with white or black?

Either way, this stuff is great! Thanks again for bring this to the states for us - Will be ordering some more colors very soon!
Attached Thumbnails RCS paint stock here in the US-killersrc82.jpg   RCS paint stock here in the US-killlers-chrome.jpg  
Old 04-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Chris and Jon can speak to RCS, but I know with other chromes, black gives a slightly darker but a more deeply reflective chrome, while white gives a brighter, but less reflective look.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Love the pics ;Dave is correct anytime I've seen chrome backed with white or silver the effect is a duller and more washed out look. For best chrome-like reflectivity use a thin coat of WB black and try not to use the blowdryer. For some reason that I cannot explain heat can dull the chrome also, not always but often. Just let each coat flash off for 15 mins.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chris moore
Love the pics ;Dave is correct anytime I've seen chrome backed with white or silver the effect is a duller and more washed out look. For best chrome-like reflectivity use a thin coat of WB black and try not to use the blowdryer. For some reason that I cannot explain heat can dull the chrome also, not always but often. Just let each coat flash off for 15 mins.
Next two coming up I will let it flash off it self... I was just excited to see the end product! Good stuff - Thanks again!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Another point to consider, but some of the waterbased paints still have solvents in them (Wicked, AutoBorne), so be aware of which ones you use to back chrome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.