Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
Silly hypothetical question regarding sponsor sticker priority and placement >

Silly hypothetical question regarding sponsor sticker priority and placement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silly hypothetical question regarding sponsor sticker priority and placement

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Silly hypothetical question regarding sponsor sticker priority and placement

Purely for fun, the title says it all! I guess ultimately it is personal preference but was wondering what is the general consensus regarding prioritizing sponsor stickers, and placement on the car?

If assuming sponsorship $$$ was entirely EQUAL, and using an electric 2WD car as an example, how would you prioritize sponsor stickers in terms of size and placement (for higher exposure). The following DIFFERENT brands sponsor your buggy:

a) Car
b) Motor
c) Battery
d) ESC
e) Tires
f) Body e.g. JConcepts
g) Paintjob e.g. Darkside
h) Tx/Rx
i) Servo
j) Turnbuckles, ball ends e.g. Lunsford
k) LHS/online shop
l) A.n.other

You can wallpaper your buggy on the following areas (can place more than one sponsor on each area):

i) nose
ii) vertical sides
iii) horizontal sides (that sit above ESC and Rx)
iv) roof
v) back (behind cockpit rear window)
vi) back of car (facing rear CVDs)
vii) wing main area
viii) wing sides
ix) wing back
x) A.n.other

Cheers!
Old 02-15-2012, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I give the highest priority to the painters decals...the rest are to cover the most intriquite time consuming areas of the paint work.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Interesting topic. We want 3 stickers. One per side and 1 on the wing. But we are the car manufacturer. I feel that should be the most important, second is tires. Servo, radio, maybe it is relevant. Batteries, tools, fuel, etc..... It is nice to mention I suppose, but do they really help win races?

We are actually switching over to shirts for people with multiple sponsors that have multiple logos on them. Spending a fortune on paint like some do and then littering it with stickers is silly in my opinion.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

But at the same time, if a company is helping you out, you should represent them even if it is screws or paint. Got to help everyone in the industry as best as we can.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
I give the highest priority to the painters decals...the rest are to cover the most intriquite time consuming areas of the paint work.

Roflpimp
Old 02-15-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hakmazter
but do they really help win races?
I think this factor sums it up nicely Then I suppose tire additive should get a mention
Old 02-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)

Stickers is one thing...but I think verbal promotion is better. Helping out a non-sponsored guy is more important, since we are the ones that help make the companies enough money to sponsor racers.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Colors_By_Dave
Roflpimp
rofl, It had to be said.

Besides...
I used to spend hours contemplating over decal placement, until I realized they just covered all my hard work.
Then TL came out with sheets to tell us where to place the decals and cut me to 70% off(Horizon take over period), so I figured if i'm buying the stuff, i'd buy what I wanted and put the stickers where I wanted. It was costing me $8,000 a year to be sponsored anyways. (travel & non covered items to be competitive)

Freed up a TON of space and cost WAY less to just race for me. Easy, no pressure, just fun.