Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JP Concepts

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Well this past week was a pretty hectic week. Only painted 2 bodies, but it was in the all while preparing for a large event at the local track. JP Concepts sponsored the Pro 4 class for the local raceway's money race. The payout for 1st was $75 and the Pro 4 class was the largest with over 35 entries of the 50 overall.

But first here's some shots of this weeks work!

Mugen MBX6 Eco buggy JConcepts Punisher body for Kenny Lutz.

The body was painted up to replicate:

I painted a new shell for me to make sure I was looking good this past week as I held down the B-Main...

Here's the 14 truck field fighting for the $75!!
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cpt_RedBeard
Well this past week was a pretty hectic week. Only painted 2 bodies, but it was in the all while preparing for a large event at the local track. JP Concepts sponsored the Pro 4 class for the local raceway's money race. The payout for 1st was $75 and the Pro 4 class was the largest with over 35 entries of the 50 overall.

But first here's some shots of this weeks work!

Mugen MBX6 Eco buggy JConcepts Punisher body for Kenny Lutz.

The body was painted up to replicate:

I painted a new shell for me to make sure I was looking good this past week as I held down the B-Main...

Here's the 14 truck field fighting for the $75!!
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
very happy with the paint job. It was done on time and at a resonable price. I will be a return customer thats for everything talk to you soon about doing some other things for me. A+++++++
Old 02-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Painted a test body for a friend to try some new effects, paints, and under coating. Everything came out great... but the under coating.

Dang clear coat...

Hey you can see more pics and updates via Facebook to!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/JP-Con...66384616743083
I have noticed that this affects the white top coat most of the time. Jim's suggestion of light coats will most definitely fix the issue, the other way to keep it from happening as easily is to use a metallic top coat, silver, gold, etc... The metallics seem to produce a harder finish and at a quicker rate.

Just food for thought...
Old 03-05-2012, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Default Weekends work

This was a slow weekend, I didn't get much done and spent a lot of time on couch!

Heres a JConcepts SCT-R Ford Raptor body for my little Cousin's slash.

On another note, If you are thinking about contacting me for a quote, but are going to ask a question like "Are you sure you can do this I want it to look nice?" You can save you and me time and go find another painter because for as little as I charge I will not deal with it. I have a job and do this for fun, I will not let you ruin it for me!
Old 03-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

On another note, If you are thinking about contacting me for a quote, but are going to ask a question like "Are you sure you can do this I want it to look nice?" You can save you and me time and go find another painter because for as little as I charge I will not deal with it. I have a job and do this for fun, I will not let you ruin it for me!
...That's the right attitude to have man. Don't get burned out and keep it fun.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

For sure, I don't have the time or the patience to deal with that anymore lol. By the way thanks for checking out my work, It's nice to know the top dogs are checkin on me!

Last edited by cpt_RedBeard; 03-19-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Default More Racing less painting...

Well lately I've been doing more racing and less painting lol... but there's some work on deck now. Here's my latest paint and some action shots of JP Concepts team driver Dustyn Maston with his Team Durango DEX408.

Body for my Team Durango DEX408

These action shots were taken by a local photographer. I'm not sure how he would like to be contacted, but get to me and I'll get you connected if anyone is interested.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

I got my first crack at a 1/10 buggy body. It really makes you realize how large sct shells really are.

Here's a B4.1 body for Mitch Smith

Old 03-26-2012, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Default First try at painting on the outside

Well this weekend I got to try painting on the outside for once!

JP Concepts and Southside Customs (http://southsidecustompaint.com/) have been working to donate some paint work to Louisville Middle School. They are working on a curriculum for engineering based classes around the area to join in and get the kids involved in soap box derby.

We painted (are painting the red one below isn't finished) two cars, one for a boys team and one for the girls. The teacher had the children draw designs and suggestions to submit to us. Here's some pics we took while working.

Heres a before shot of the bodies when we received them

Getting out sand on!

Silver base coat

Masking the flame graphics for the Girls

Masking the torn metal graphics for the boys

Flame shadowing and some candy blue

Torn metal shadowing

Girls body completed

Closer shot of the Miami pink flames!

White Carbonfiber inside the torn sheet metal

Boys car after some clear

Closer shot of the tears

I still have to go back to the shop this week and sand the boys car and add some more shading with the airbrush so check back for some more updates!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

This past few weeks seems to be unusual request month. Many of them i'm not proud of the design (a few I didn't even take a pic of lol), but the customer gets what they want!

First up on the update is the hardest body I've ever painted. I was asked to paint a Ryan Maifield clone with slightly different colors. This was so difficult because I was trying to copy the work of one of the greatest painters around(Larry aka KustomRCGraphic site link), talk about pressure! On top of that the body had to be rushed (2 day turn around) so I didn't get a lot of pics of it as I was flying through the process.

Prior to clear coat and cut out

After I stapled the bag shut with my last 2 staples and realized i didn't get finished product shots

Losi 8ight eu body for Jeff Switzer

Kasee Burwell (last one wasn't girlie enough lol)

Old 04-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Default Losi 22

I was uploading a pic to post on the Micro holes thread (love that stuff). I figured I'd throw it up here.

Here's a Losi 22 body for Jason Webster.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Default More pics

well it seems that outdoor season in is full swing and the basement is full of clear shells. I got lots of paint slingin' ahead. Here's some finished ones from last week.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Default More happy customers

Another week another batch of happy customers.

Finished up 2 buggy bodies, 1 for Mitch Smith and 1 for Eric Nepodal. I also got the attend the The gravity challenge at Derby Downs to check out the soap box cars I painted in action!

Old 05-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Lookin good dude! Derby cars are sweet
Old 05-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Thanks man! I talked to the teacher today, the cars took first and second in the car show portion of the competition!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.