Wiki Posts
Search

Do they make this color?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Do they make this color?

I'm looking for a very specific color. I need the orange of this cooling head (http://www.jonehrc.com/2007/03/03/rb...ii-msc-engine/)

Do they make a color like that for painting a body? If so what is it called and where can I find it?
Old 12-29-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Adept

"They" don't, but "one" could mix it to a perfect match and paint it
Old 12-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

If you were to mix it what colors would you use?
Old 12-30-2011, 10:40 PM
Tech Adept

I finally! have everything I need to paint a decent looking body. I have a low grade badger paint brush and a few bottles of paint and thinner (will order the color I posted about above if anyone can find it or knows how to make it.)

I layed about four coats of liquid mask Down and began to try to cut out my design. I wanted to have a crisp outline of each letter and couldn't for the life of me get it to turn out. My hand wasn't steady enough, I couldn't cut straight, I pressed to hard. How do you guys do it??
Old 12-30-2011, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It's all about the angle of the dangle...not the heat of the meat.

...hold the knife as far to the back of the angle as comfortably as possible at as steep an angle that's comfortable to you. The knife will "glide" and be easier to control going straight.

See below:
Attached Thumbnails Do they make this color?-angle.jpg  
Old 12-31-2011, 06:26 AM
Tech Adept

About the color of the coolinghead; you should try pearl orange by Faskolor (Faspearl Orange). Have done a body with that color in it some time ago and it looks very much like the color of the coolinghead. I did a three nice coats of pearl orange backed with white.

Try to begin with some "easy" 2/3 color designs and move on from there. It's a lot of trial and error to get the hang of it. Letter outlines are very hard to cut by hand. Some pre-cutted vinyl masks help out a lot for this kinda stuff.

Last edited by SOLID GRAPHICS; 12-31-2011 at 06:43 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:48 AM
Tech Adept

I'm using a new blade but still it mostly rips the liquid mask instead of cutting it? And what's the trick to cuttin on the contours of the body?
Old 01-01-2012, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EatYoLegs
I'm using a new blade but still it mostly rips the liquid mask instead of cutting it? And what's the trick to cuttin on the contours of the body?
If it is ripping the mask The blade isnt sharp enough or the mask was applied very uneven. Also dont use a box cutter type bladeor anything like that. Are you using an exacto knife like this?? It's the number 11 blade. works best.
They also make a small swivel blade for cutting curved lines like flames and drips, its the X-ACTO X3253 Designer Series Craft Swivel Knife

If you take your time The lines around the window should appear pretty straight like this.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I mixed up an orange recently for 2 bodies that was very close to RB orange. I mixed Createx trans orange, trans sand and opaque white. Was a little more "creamy" looking but little experiment with some color mixes could get you the match.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Jimmy,
how did you get the outlines of your flames and windows to be so straight and even? Also do you paint the outlines of the flames before the flame itself or after?