Search

Painting question

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)
Default Painting question

Hey guys,

I plan on painting my body two colors. Fluorescent green and Metallic blue with Green being the base color. If I back the Green with Pearl white what kind of effect will this give it?

I planned on painting the base green, then spraying pearl white on top then backing it white backing. After the Green I will be painting it Metallic blue, adding some pearl white on top and then a final backing of white.

Would appreciate any input!

Thanks
Old 09-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Backing with pearl will have little effect. Florescent is not true transparent, so the pearl effect is lost. Same goes for metallic.

You could try testing on scrap with a very light first mist of pearl, white or silver, then spray your flo green or met blue, and see what you get.

Another option for a color shift effect is to use FasChange product before you lay down the base colors.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

I more or less agree with Dave here, but I think if you went light on the florescent green building up a few thin coats, but still leaving it so you can see through it you will find backing with pearl white it will give it a pearl effect and make it stand out a little more than usual. (tho not as much as pearl colours themselves and you will probably notice the green will be lighter than usual)

It would probably be best to try a few different ways on some scrap material and see which gives the effect your looking for.

Last edited by U1timate PigDog; 09-15-2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

Thanks guys!

So to get this fluorescent green. I would spray the green in light coats and then back it with white backing? I'm looking for the neon green color and not a dark green.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting...cond-time.html
Old 09-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

If you are using Flourescent green paint, yes, light coats, and it will take many to get even coverage. Don't try to get a solid green color, as the the backing color gives it the pop. Use white to back it. But make sure you have all areas covered evenly, or your white will show thru if the green is too thin.