Wiki Posts
Search

protective sealent

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 09:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default protective sealent

Hi everyone I'm new to this whole painting thing and I have some questions. Is there some kind of protective sealant to spray on the body after paint to keep it from chipping off. I washed the body real good befor painting.

these are the second set of bodies I've painted and after a race or two they start chipping what am i doing wrong
Attached Thumbnails protective sealent-new-paint-2.jpg   protective sealent-new-paint-job.jpg   protective sealent-new-paint-3.jpg  
Old 09-01-2011, 04:58 AM
Tech Adept

Hey,

Theres a whole thread somewhere on this subject, but to save you the time looking through it all, I think that Rustoleum White enamel (I believe it painters touch) or clear if you prefer seem to be quite popular.

Myself I use Plastikote Clear just because its more readily available to me at the local diy store.

word of caution, first make sure your paint work is dry ( I usually leave it overnight before apply backing) and first coat spray very thin and dry with hair dryer then you can put another couple of thicker coats on. Job Done!

Nice work by the way, they look pretty good.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You also might be getting your paint to thick,that will cause it to crack and chip...