Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
Using Faskolor & Pactra on same body? >

Using Faskolor & Pactra on same body?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Faskolor & Pactra on same body?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Using Faskolor & Pactra on same body?

I was looking at colors I would like to use for an upcoming paint job. Some of the "ideal" colors are Pactra, while others are Faskolor. Pactra has a few greens that are perfect, while Faskolor has a perfect purple. So, the question is this: have any of you used both Pactra & Faskolor paints on different/adjacent parts of a body? One is lacquer and the other is water-based but both are intended for Lexan, but I wonder what would happen with overspray of one kind layering over top of the other on a previously-painted region.

I'd use both if I could, but I don't want to have one paint attacking the other or have areas peel or flake off due to bad adhesion.

I should mention I already have some Pactra that I bought in advance for this project, so I'll stick with Pactra if necessary, but I'd sure like to use some of those Faskolor colors.

Thank you for the help!
Old 05-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Just make sure you fully dry either type before applied the other and you should be fine. Don't over-apply lacquer after waterbased or you can get wrinkling of the WB layer. Keep the coats light and dry them well.