Wiki Posts
Search

Novarossi purple

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Novarossi purple

Which pactra color matches the color on Novarossi motors heads the best?

Pearl purple, grape pearl, or candy purple?
Old 04-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Grape Pearl is darker than Purple Pearl. Don't know about the Candy, but being candy, you can darken it with your backer color.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Can anyone indicate which one matches closer?
Old 04-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Novarossi

A friend of mine wanted the Novarossi purple and blue for his 1/10th and 1/8th scale cars.
I took his pit chair home <it has the Novarossi stickers on it> and these colors match very close. Hard to tell the difference in the paint colors, and sticker colors.
These are Faskcolor candy purple, back with silver, and a Faskcolor baby blue.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone have a response for the original question?
Old 04-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Really? Sounds like 2 people are trying to help.....
Old 04-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Instant answers to impossible questions. Isn't that what the internet is for?!

Seriously, paint is cheap, buy all three and experiment.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

so if you read between the lines that reads, "fine, go buy all three (they're cheap) and figure it out yourself."
Old 04-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Great guys....I really appreciate the help.

Being colorblind it's really difficult to be able to see which color matches the best.

Again...I appreciate the help.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Metallic Burgundy looks to be the best match.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Grey.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wow Dave. That's pretty awesome. Glad to know there are good people on here that know how to help others when they need it and try to solicit customers at the same time. Do you really think people will see this thread and think to themselves, this Dave guy is someone I really want to do business with. If they do they are idiots.

In reference to your "instant answers to impossible questions" comment, if you are an experienced painter wouldn't one expect you to know what color paint would match a very popular brand's colors?
Old 04-09-2011, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default reply

Same paint colour used by a different painter and shot out a different size needle, will create a different colour through the coats he applies, then backing it with same colour just like above will give a different depth and colour.

So i dont think it was being harsh saying its a impossible question to answer, they could give you the info they know and it would turn out in correct in your eye's.

Testing it out your self and then mix a little and apply the paint they way you would will find you the best colour match in time, I have tryed to repeat an effect and colour with out any luck a few times now, just cant remember what other colours i mixed into it at the time grrrrrr
Old 04-09-2011, 04:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by savagesam
Same paint colour used by a different painter and shot out a different size needle, will create a different colour through the coats he applies, then backing it with same colour just like above will give a different depth and colour.

So i dont think it was being harsh saying its a impossible question to answer, they could give you the info they know and it would turn out in correct in your eye's.

Testing it out your self and then mix a little and apply the paint they way you would will find you the best colour match in time, I have tryed to repeat an effect and colour with out any luck a few times now, just cant remember what other colours i mixed into it at the time grrrrrr
Thanks Savage for the informative reply. I'm going to give a few different paints a shot and see how they come out.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ram4whldr
Wow Dave. That's pretty awesome. Glad to know there are good people on here that know how to help others when they need it and try to solicit customers at the same time. Do you really think people will see this thread and think to themselves, this Dave guy is someone I really want to do business with. If they do they are idiots.

In reference to your "instant answers to impossible questions" comment, if you are an experienced painter wouldn't one expect you to know what color paint would match a very popular brand's colors?
In retrospect, I should have said nothing. But to be fair, take a look back on how you replied to both people who gave you input on your question.
Perhaps beginning your question with the information that you are colorblind, and looking for a ready mixed color that you could spray without having to visually adjust, you would have gotten a specific answer. Each of us that took time to give you the benefit of our own experiences was guiding you to a solution. You replied with short, dismissive replies and then when some gave you essentially the same advice that two others already had given, you thanked him.
I am sorry that I have an odd sense of humor, like the member who posted burgundy ( get it, colorblind vision..... Red and grey and purple all colorshift). Sorry. I sometimes forget the Golden Rule. I will do better in the future to say only nice things.

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.