Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
Backing the paint (Faskolor) with others Spray can (not Pactra or Tamiya) >

Backing the paint (Faskolor) with others Spray can (not Pactra or Tamiya)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Backing the paint (Faskolor) with others Spray can (not Pactra or Tamiya)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Backing the paint (Faskolor) with others Spray can (not Pactra or Tamiya)

Just wonder, anybody ever use others spray can like Rust-oleum (White), ... backing the Faskolor paint. Does it work? What else we can use and
easy to get it in Home Depot, Wat-mart, ...
Old 03-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SHOP UFO
Just wonder, anybody ever use others spray can like Rust-oleum (White), ... backing the Faskolor paint. Does it work? What else we can use and
easy to get it in Home Depot, Wat-mart, ...
I have used Rustoleum clear to back faskolor before but i stopped using it myself.

It caused a reaction with the Spazstix chrome so i only use Faskoat now.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

i use plastikote enamel clear to back/protect my shells and that is over createx etc so i don't see why you couldn't use the same paint but with their colors.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I use Rustoleum High Performance Black, White, or Clear on all of my bodies. It is the best stuff I have used to back bodies with. I have had zero problems using it with FasKolor.
I get it at Lowes, but you can probably get it at Home Depot too.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have been using Rustoleum enamel krystal clear...EXCEPT to back when the project includes mirror chrome.

Even when there are several layers of createx/faskolor paint over the chrome it still seems to dull the chrome a bit for me...So I use a crapload of Faskolor Faskoat in those situations instead.

As far as using an enamel white to do the final coat AND for the final color...I never tried that yet. Anybody here use that with success?
Old 03-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

ive been backing my bodys with krylon fusion. i shoot the last white with faskolor, then back the whole thing with fusion. 0 problems so far!!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sk3tch
I have been using Rustoleum enamel krystal clear...EXCEPT to back when the project includes mirror chrome.

Even when there are several layers of createx/faskolor paint over the chrome it still seems to dull the chrome a bit for me...So I use a crapload of Faskolor Faskoat in those situations instead.

As far as using an enamel white to do the final coat AND for the final color...I never tried that yet. Anybody here use that with success?
I've used it as a final color to back up another color, but I would NOT use it as a main color...ie.. direct to lexan. As long as it is sprayed onto another layer of paint, it will be good.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

Thank you everyone. This is really helpful.
I've seen a Rust-oleum High Performance White and really want to try it.

LUCK
Old 03-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark T.
I've used it as a final color to back up another color, but I would NOT use it as a main color...ie.. direct to lexan. As long as it is sprayed onto another layer of paint, it will be good.
How about using something like pactra or tamiya? Are those good paints to use as backers? I use acrylics almost exclusively...is it common to back rattle can lexan paint?
Old 03-29-2011, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

As long as it's not Lacquer, you should be good. Lacquer can cause FasKolor to lift and crack. It has happened to me too. I don't have much experience with rattle can R/C paint, so I don't know. But I know it will not protect as good as the Rustoleum will.

I paint the whole body with FasKolor, then back the whole thing with a heavy coat of Rustoleum.