Wiki Posts
Search

faskolor problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 218 (100%+)
Default faskolor problem

as anyone that uses faskolor fasblack had a problem with the paint not sticking to the body?

i paint a body then pull the mask off and the edges of the black peal off too. i dont know why it does it or how to stop it from doing it. and it seams to only be black

i also noticed that some other colors fish eye and others dont

i wash all my bodies before painting clean my air brush
thanks in advance for any help or ideas
Old 03-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

fastkolor sucks. did you was the body with warm water and soap?

i used CREATEX PAINT works great. i had the same problem with fastkolor it would peel off or run to much and clog my AirBrush up. so i moved on to CREATEX PAINT.

all i can say is try again with a different brand name of paint.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

i wash then with worm water and soap? is that paint for lexan? where do i get it? is it water based?
Old 03-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by racerx1920
i wash then with worm water and soap? is that paint for lexan? where do i get it? is it water based?
While not specific for lexan Createx is WB and can be found at most craft stores like Michaels or Hobby Lobby. I dont really have any issues with the black like your having, the paint peeling up is more of an issue with too much of a paint buildup and overlaping the mask. I have had some issues with fisheye also but mostly with the flo colors. If you have access to the Auto Air line of paint I'd suggest that; great color selection of WB paint and it seems to flow better imo.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am having success with faskolor paints. I wash the body with mild soap and water. Attach window masks, and all other materials (tape, decals etc). Lightly wipe the areas to be painted with denatured alcohol.
Apply paint in light coats (make the first coat very light) and dry with a hair dryer between coats.
The black, and some gold colors I thin with Windex. I have experienced light fish eye when painting outside under cool and damp conditions. My remedy was to thin the paint, make the coats light and heat the lexan before and after the spray using a hair dryer.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racerx1920
as anyone that uses faskolor fasblack had a problem with the paint not sticking to the body?

i paint a body then pull the mask off and the edges of the black peal off too. i dont know why it does it or how to stop it from doing it. and it seams to only be black

i also noticed that some other colors fish eye and others dont

i wash all my bodies before painting clean my air brush
thanks in advance for any help or ideas
I have had this happen with some of the silver and charcoal colors also. Try drying the paint with a hair dryer, or wait a while between colors.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CurveTracer
I am having success with faskolor paints. I wash the body with mild soap and water. Attach window masks, and all other materials (tape, decals etc). Lightly wipe the areas to be painted with denatured alcohol.
Apply paint in light coats (make the first coat very light) and dry with a hair dryer between coats.
The black, and some gold colors I thin with Windex. I have experienced light fish eye when painting outside under cool and damp conditions. My remedy was to thin the paint, make the coats light and heat the lexan before and after the spray using a hair dryer.
Originally Posted by mooby64
I have had this happen with some of the silver and charcoal colors also. Try drying the paint with a hair dryer, or wait a while between colors.
yup do what these two members said and no paint issues... jeremy
Old 03-19-2011, 09:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

I had some issues with the Faskolor also when I first started using it.
Winter in MN makes it tough to be a at home/garage/basement painter. LOL
So i researched and asked around, and tried what was recomended.
Yes, you can thin it out with windex, if you are using 20-40 PSI for air pressure and also for fine tips.
It says right on there website, minimum 40-60 psi,, (My first problem)
Even with the higher PSI, the fine tip would tend to plug up more, so a little Windex solved that problem.
I have had no issues with paint peeling back when removing tape or there FasMask,,,,(after I forced myself to let it dry properly)
Just make sure the mask is 110% dry, and also your paint you just applied..
Im not patient when it comes to painting anything, but I found there product to dry very fast when using light/thin coats and heat gun on low.
I love this product, I can do it in the middle of winter in the basement and not stink the house up like other paints do..
Aldo,,, I did have mine peel back on me when firs using it, but again, I didnt wait long enough to peel it off,,,,
I did hot water and windex to clean before painting also,,,, fast and easy,
Good product, easy clean up, I love it.
Hope this helped ,,,,, dry dry dry,, let it dry,, LOL
Good Luck,,, give it another try
Old 03-19-2011, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I use http://www.bearair.com/ for createx and the auto air line of paints. They def have a wide spectrum of color choices than are not offered by faskolor.
Not to many mention but after washing your body with warm water and soap, use cold water to rinse. I to have only had fisheye issue with floresents.
The peeling up of paint is def a laying it on to thick type of issue. Thin coats and dry inbetween as other have said.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:52 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Never had a peeling issue but fisheye for me is usually caused by fingerprints. Be careful not to touch the body any more than you have too once it is clean and wash your hands first.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

The Florescent colors are the hard ones to put on,, seems like it takes the most coates to get it to be 100% covered,,,, the other colors are pretty quick.
Fisheyes,,, too much paint/air directed in one spot for just a fraction too long,,,
Thats what I found out,, error on my part by not keeping brush moving and/or to much paint for trying to move at slow pace,, use less paint,,
It took me a few bodies to figure everything out.
If it wasnt for the fact it doesnt stink like other paint, I would probably be using other brands,,, but,, i like the fact I can watch TV and do it in basement on a folding card table and not stink the house up,,,
FYI,,, my first body I did had more fish eyes than I could count,,LOL
People thought I did it on purpose to make that look,, LOL
Old 03-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Is your fisheye problem happening right after changing colors? If so it may be water or cleaner in the brush and not blown out completely. I like to use water 1st wipe out with a Ptowel, then rinse with AB cleaner, The final flush with windex. That way worst case the paint is a tad thin at 1st coat. I also like to scuff the body after washing with abrasive pad then wash again with hot and soap. Wearing rubber gloves
Old 03-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dashat2
Is your fisheye problem happening right after changing colors? If so it may be water or cleaner in the brush and not blown out completely. I like to use water 1st wipe out with a Ptowel, then rinse with AB cleaner, The final flush with windex. That way worst case the paint is a tad thin at 1st coat. I also like to scuff the body after washing with abrasive pad then wash again with hot and soap. Wearing rubber gloves
what kind of abrasive pad?
Old 03-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Adept

Hey, I believe and don't quote me on this but fascolor is createx under a different label.

I tend to do as others have said and it sounds like you already do but

wash with warm soapy water, then give a good rinse.

Apply Liquid mask (3 medium coats) dry between with hair dryer and then leave over night.

Spray the shell starting with with darkest colour first and ensure that the they are light coats and build up the colour (otherwise the paint builds up over the edge of the mask and produces a poor peel)

Hair dry in between coats.

As for the fisheye I don't tend to suffer but use a practice sheet before each new colour and alter the psi to desired pressure for the colour.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Createx and autoair are made by the same company. Faskolor is not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.