Like Tree5Likes

Painter's Chat

Old 09-08-2004, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

just thought i might ask here since there might be some professional graphics designers on this thread...

anyone know what font HPI uses for there "hpi racing" logo?

thanks.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:06 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry bro...couod tell ya off the top of my head...
Old 09-10-2004, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

Any news on the Florida Peeps???
Old 09-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi guys! Well we survived Frances but Ivan has decided that Florida is the place to go. This really blows! They will have a more accurate forecast once Ivan gets past Cuba but it isn't looking good. We had people waiting in lines for gas today and many gas stations are now out of gas.

Ivan in Jamaica

5-day Tracking Map

This is getting really old!

Charlie: Good Luck with the race this weekend. Hope the weather is nice.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

They just seem to be coming ur way Lynn...think of it this way..after al the rain, aren't the skies all Blue and clear? Kinda nice to think you can actually start over! Im glad you peeps are safe...Keep us posted!
Old 09-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

charlie my tc3 just sold so now i have some cash and im getting a VL i cant wait thanks for all your help again
Old 09-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

It looks like Ivan the Terrible might just give us a break and stay far enough out in the gulf to just give us tropical storm wind and rain. We're keeping our fingers crossed the path doesn't change between now and Tuesday.

Anyhow we get to go racing tomorrow, the weather is always real nice before the storm.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

the calm before the storm...

glad your alright-your body you posted in the custom paintjobs is real nice like charlie said those shadows are real nice i thought i still had my 3-D glasses on still
Old 09-12-2004, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by rdub202
charlie my tc3 just sold so now i have some cash and im getting a VL i cant wait thanks for all your help again
Anytime Bud!!
Old 09-12-2004, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

just thought i might ask here since there might be some professional graphics designers on this thread...
I would be really surprised if HPI used a font as is from a font factory. Typically, in a logo and particularly with a company of HPI's size the designer/artist will use a base font and alter it, not too mention there are literally thousands of fonts that may look similar but the metrics just slightly different. In addition, a font on windowz and the exact same font on a mac will align and kern differently (yes, the exact same font).

Basically I would doubt that you would be able to match exactly what HPI has logo wise but because there are literally hundreds of fonts that look similar you can match it close enough without it being really noticeable.

what did you want it for?
Old 09-15-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Picasso's Guernica

Hi again everyone! Phew, finally I've finished w/ my painting, Guernica.. It took me almost 2 weeks to get it done.

This painting was assigned to us by our color theory instructor. All we had to do was to apply all the color harmonies on this piece to portray the history of Guernica, etc.

So it was a group of 4, and the measurement of the piece was about 20" x 60". It was divided into 4 sections and each of us had to choose one and paint the entire section.

I painted the second section which was the horse. I'm not really a good painter, I've never painted before, this is my first painting class btw!

Do let me know what do you guys think!! Thanks a lot

Adilah
Old 09-15-2004, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

LOL...girly..you had it easy....When i had Burner, we ALL had to do this project INDIVIDUALLY! You guys had it easy...my class were just guinea piges for teh animation program.

Looking good though! Is he still making you guys buy those paints from downtown LA?
Old 09-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Picasso's Guernica

Old 09-15-2004, 10:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Picasso's Guernica

Originally posted by OCCircuitChick3
Hi again everyone! Phew, finally I've finished w/ my painting, Guernica.. It took me almost 2 weeks to get it done.

This painting was assigned to us by our color theory instructor. All we had to do was to apply all the color harmonies on this piece to portray the history of Guernica, etc.

So it was a group of 4, and the measurement of the piece was about 20" x 60". It was divided into 4 sections and each of us had to choose one and paint the entire section.

I painted the second section which was the horse. I'm not really a good painter, I've never painted before, this is my first painting class btw!

Do let me know what do you guys think!! Thanks a lot

Adilah
Looks great!! Now Charlie needs to teach you the art of painting RC bodies.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

actually..im gonna teach all the Angels to paint so then can have their own cars..=)

Copy and paste the list as it gets bigger.

Anyway..Here is a question for ALL Painters:

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE AIRBRUSH???

I'll start...

1. Charlie B---Iwata HPC

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.