Wiki Posts
Search

DAGR Airbrush Any good?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 12:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default DAGR Airbrush Any good?

Hi all,

I know nothing to airbrush painting and I'm still painting my RC bodies with rattle cans but I want to get into RC body painting.

I can buy this airbrush locally, is this a good airbrush for RC bodies?

http://www.autorefinishdevilbiss.com...cts.php?pg=164
Old 12-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well I've never heard of that one but it looks pretty good as a starter. It looks like the paint cup is removable which will make for easier cleaning. I'd go for it. You have to start somewhere. Dual action trigger is what you want too. That means the air and paint flow are controlled by the same trigger. Push down for air and pull back for paint. You can change paint cups as needed also. You may want to see if there are different needle sizes that you can get for it as well. You'll be able to do more detail with the small needles.

I use Iwata air brushes. The action on them seem so much smoother than others. I've owned Badger, some off brand that Matco Tools carries and the Iwatas. The Iwatas are, by far, the superior air brush. Something else that you might want to consider when looking for an air brush is what's call the "mac" adjustment. Its a little thumb screw on the air brush that allows you to control the air pressure right at the air brush. VERY helpful!!! You set your air pressure at the tank and then adjust it accordingly at the brush. http://www.chicagoairbrushsupply.com/iwatahilinech.html This is what I have. You can see the mac adjustment up by the tip. Well worth the money. Replacement parts are readily available for them as well.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sylvain
Hi all,

I know nothing to airbrush painting and I'm still painting my RC bodies with rattle cans but I want to get into RC body painting.

I can buy this airbrush locally, is this a good airbrush for RC bodies?

http://www.autorefinishdevilbiss.com...cts.php?pg=164
I have 2 of them and love them. I also have 2 Paasche Talons. They are nice too. Both of these have thicker needles than the Iwata I had, nit as easy to bend.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

I dont know anything about that specific brush but if you plan to use waterbase paint that .35 needle will not be ideal.