Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HOW to: Paint water drops

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Again, on very light [or fluorescent] main body colors, you can see some "tinting", though with a little practice, it's not enough detract from the final result.

Darker and/or metallic colors seem to show the least amount of tinting.

If you can find a better way to do it, more power to you.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
Again, on very light [or fluorescent] main body colors, you can see some "tinting", though with a little practice, it's not enough detract from the final result.

Darker and/or metallic colors seem to show the least amount of tinting.

If you can find a better way to do it, more power to you.
Thanks for the tips. If I find a better way to do it, it will be by accident and I'll forget how I did it! lol I like the look and want to use it. I use write on transparency sheets to practice on so I can do a lot of practicing before I attempt it on a body. Want to do a body up and wait for someone to say, hey, how did you get water all over your car? LOL
Old 01-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

No problem, I know how it is trying new things, or doing something cool by accident and trying to re-create it

One other thing to watch out for, when you spray your highlights, you should see some color pigment floating on the water near the edges, but just a little. If you see a lot of color, or you see the shading on the un-watered clear plastic, chances are you shaded too much. You can get away with over shading on a darker body color, but not on a light body color so much.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Guys I'm hopping that someone can help me with my water drop job....

I can not seem to get this look... I think I'm spray way to much white and black... But what I'm really after is Yellow droplets on a say a blue background.... Any ideas? (yes you guessed it... as in Yellow snow....)