Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
paste picture inside body?????????? >

paste picture inside body??????????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

paste picture inside body??????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by rctoyguy
How do you not have a hard edge around the edge of the picture when you cut it out? I guess you just have to take lots of time to cut the picture to get the edges as clean as you can...
Your guest is right.
It's take a lot of time and patience. And because I don't want the background of the picture I needed to cleaned carefully, I used a X-Acto Knive to did it. Also I printed the photo in a photo paper and give a smoth surface when you paste the picture and to protect the edge I use the black.

On the civic body, I notice the area inside the girl's arm is black as well - was the picture of a girl against a black background...
The background was white, but didn't look good, and I wanted to give a shadow effect to the picture so was a better idea to have all back, also as I said before protect the edge of the picture.
I hope this answer your question.

Old 05-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Hgcolors

I like the concept on the engine image. its cool!! As well as the underside part of your rs4 pro2, that girl really looks good and almost a perfect fit on the underside..

Andyobaez

Its really a hot babe you got there dude!!. Did you mix a glitters on your blue paint?! man it great sparkling!

Keep it up guys!!! Hope I can see more cool pics on this thread.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Wency_TA03R-PRO

Andyobaez
Its really a hot babe you got there dude!!. Did you mix a glitters on your blue paint?! man it great sparkling!
Thanks.
The blue paint is like that, came with the glitters.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

ah ok. tnx...
Old 07-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

What is it with putting chicks on your cars? Not that I'm gay but haven't you heard the rule? What you see on the computer stays on the computer?

Can I get by with some el-cheapo glue like a glu-stick? How d you use shoe-goo for picture pasting??
Old 07-09-2004, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Default shoe goo?

Originally posted by The Black Kat
What is it with putting chicks on your cars? Not that I'm gay but haven't you heard the rule? What you see on the computer stays on the computer?

Can I get by with some el-cheapo glue like a glu-stick? How d you use shoe-goo for picture pasting??
chick? what chick? i looooooooooove them!

ok... back to your question.

i think the main reason we use XXX MAIN glue or glue that have the same effect after drying, is, NOT TO SEE THE GLUE BETWEEN THE LEXAN and THE PICTURE. Means the GLUE will become CLEAR after it dries.

Further more THE XXX MAIN glue and the glue equivalent to it will have this elasticity and will expand and shrink accordingly.

If you are pasting picture under the chasis, no need to use the XXX MAIN glue because you wont see the glue at all behind the picture.

But i would not want to paste pictures under the chasis because definitely the picture will be scratched!!!!!

mop

Last edited by mop_iko; 07-09-2004 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-10-2004, 12:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Ford Sport Trax with a Cobra 427 motor......Elmers glue dries clear.

Old 07-10-2004, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

you can use internet photos with the xxx main glue right? I want to put marilyn manson on my r/c body, but cant seem to find any pictures of him in a magazine
Old 07-19-2004, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I assume paint sticks to the XXX-Main glue (or elmers) - I would think there would be some glue squish out from under the picture around the edges, then when you paint, you would be painting over the glue (glue between the paint and the lexan) - is this a problem? Do you have to clean away any glue that gets out from under the picture?
Old 07-29-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Try to apply the glue on the center of the image then gently press the picture from the center and slowly spread the glue under the picture by fingers/flaten the picture. calculate enough glue to apply so that excessive glue coming out from the edges will be minimized. Just a suggestion...
Old 08-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: paste picture inside body??????????

Originally posted by bst
i have seen "how to" articles on gluing photos to the inside of a lexan body. has anyone ever tried this, and are there any pitfalls?
thanks, don
Use some lexan glue, but if any over runs, try to get it off asap. Then, just simply spray your design over the picture, just like a normal shell.