Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
AirBrush spraying when it should not >

AirBrush spraying when it should not

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AirBrush spraying when it should not

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default AirBrush spraying when it should not

I have a Master G33 dual action air brush. I got it brand new and have been practicing on some sketch paper. Problem is, when I push down on the trigger I should only be getting air coming out, but I’ll some times get a light spray of paint. Also I’ve noticed that when I pull back for paint, the brush is not consistent with how much paint comes out. The second problem could be me and just being new but it sure feels like I some times have to pull back further to get paint to spray, then I can let off a little and get a smaller amount of paint that I was wanting in the first place.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Adept

Sounds like your tip is plugged with dried paint.You need to take the tip off and clean it out.What kind of paint are you using?
Old 04-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

Im using Createx paints.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

maybe the needle is loose?
Old 04-26-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

Dried paint in the nozzle is keeping the needle from seating when in the closed position. You can soak the nozzle in warm water for a while and use a toothpick to gently dig out the dried paint. Be careful not to deform the nozzle by pushing too hard with the toothpick. You can also use a wire brush made for airbrushes to clean the nozzle with.

Clean your airbrush after each use by running water or cleaner through it a couple times untill it sprays clean. Never let your airbrush sit for long periods of time with paint in the cup. Especially with waterborne paints. They dry fast.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Maxxthrasher
Dried paint in the nozzle is keeping the needle from seating when in the closed position. You can soak the nozzle in warm water for a while and use a toothpick to gently dig out the dried paint. Be careful not to deform the nozzle by pushing too hard with the toothpick. You can also use a wire brush made for airbrushes to clean the nozzle with.

Clean your airbrush after each use by running water or cleaner through it a couple times untill it sprays clean. Never let your airbrush sit for long periods of time with paint in the cup. Especially with waterborne paints. They dry fast.
maxx pretty much has my answer... although if you are using it right out of the box and the brush is doing this... than possibly the needle is not inserted all the way...
Old 04-27-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Addict

Looks like i didnt clean it as good as i thought after the first use. I jsut ran some air brush cleaner through it but didnt take it apart. I took it all apart and cleaned each part and now its spraying fine agian.

After each use do i need to take it apart and clean each part ?
Old 04-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Madbrad
Looks like i didnt clean it as good as i thought after the first use. I jsut ran some air brush cleaner through it but didnt take it apart. I took it all apart and cleaned each part and now its spraying fine agian.

After each use do i need to take it apart and clean each part ?
i usually run a cup or two of water and than a cup of cleaner when i'm finished for the day. i only used water based paints. i only clean the whole thing out when i know i will not be using it for awhile or i sprayed a clearcoat through it. i also will take the needle out over night after cleaning.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Since I started using those wire brushes, I never had problems again. I also use Qtips with some cleaner after I removed the nozzle.