Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
Splatter Problems w/ Iwata Eclipse >

Splatter Problems w/ Iwata Eclipse

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Splatter Problems w/ Iwata Eclipse

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 05:57 AM
Tech Adept

A temporary fix would be to wrap the teflon tape around the outside of the cap/jar seal. If this fixes your problem then you will know where to focus a more permanent fix.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:24 PM
Tech Addict

wrapping the tape around the outside was almost worthless (made a big mess didn't seal). I did, however, find a way to get the teflon tape to jam inside. It does seem to be an air leak problem at the pick up tube. I am not sure what to do about it other than jam teflon tape into it. I don't like that because it is messy and iffy. It doesn't seem to be a particularly great design.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

I tried to paint a body for the first time last night since posting this and still have the same problem. I am using an Iwata Sprint Jet compressor with a 10' Iwata braided hose with an inline moisture filter in addition to the one that is standard on the compressor. I live in Folsom, CA, so it's not particularly humid here YET.

While I DO have problems drawing paint from the bottle somtimes, my biggest problem is the water that builds up and causes the 'paintball' effect.

I used to think the problem was the water the would build up in my airhose for seemingly no reason. After about 5 minutes of use, my moisture trap is always foggy, and I used to pull off the hose and find several drops of water. After installing the inline moisture trap however, it seems as though that problem has been minimized.

NOW (as has been the case since day one), it seems as though moisture is building up in the area around the nozzle at the front of the brush under the second part half of the cap that holds it in place (does that make sense?) After using it for a while, it will start to bubble out of the edges. I plan to try tefloning this area tonight, but could this really be where the moisture is coming from or is it just an area where it collects and builds up?

Hopefully this will be the answer to my problem. I'll post results.