Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
2nd airbrush job...first with new talon..couple questions.. >

2nd airbrush job...first with new talon..couple questions..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2nd airbrush job...first with new talon..couple questions..

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default 2nd airbrush job...first with new talon..couple questions..

Well i just finished my first body with my new talon...the brush shot well just clogged up a few times but its prob due to not thinning enough..i used pure windex to thin but maybe didnt have the mixture right will try some autoair next...now i do have a couple questions...

its the first time i use liquid mask..i brushed on 3 nice coats but even then found some areas a lil rough to peel off..should 4 do the trick or did i do something wrong??

2nd is it normal for my gun to clog up a bit??...i was using faskolor and dont want to blame the gun...what do you guys prefer createx or parma???

well i post some pics still need some work but i think it looks alright for my 2nd shell...thanks guys..and sorry for the crappy iphone pics...see if i get some proper ones later...

Old 12-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Experimenting with thinning ratios will help on the clogging.

Liquid mask; I usually do 5 light coats and then test it by cutting a small area in the wheel cutout sections to make sure it's peeling up easily. If not, it gets another coat. If it's too thin, peeling it up is a major PITA.

Good looking body.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Shell looks good man. I have a Talon too and LOVE it. I cant help with the thinning ratios with your paints as I only use Pactra paints.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I shoot an iwata but i use the auto air colors (which i love) and faskolor, but i never mix them i just shoot em. I dont thin my paints unless there not pre thinned, bc its really hard to shoot thinner paints on lexan for me if im shading i just use transparents. but paint looks good man keep it up.