Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
What should I expect to pay for talent? >

What should I expect to pay for talent?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What should I expect to pay for talent?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default What should I expect to pay for talent?

I have always painted my own bodies and I a pretty good with basic airbrush skills and designs. I have recently found some reproduction RC-10 RCPS turbo mirage bodies. I have 2-3 bodies that I would like to have a "professional" paint up for me. I would like to combine a old paint scheme with my new one for a vintage runner project. All you "professionals" out there what should I expect to pay for time and materials? I would not even know what to guess because I have always painted my own. Could any one point me in the right direction???
Old 06-13-2009, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

We would need pictures first.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

It's safe to estimate that $60-70 would be the low end, if you are expecting fine detail. If you expect PERFECTION, you could be seeing $150 or more.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks that helps a lot. I was hoping to get it done for around the 75.00 mark. Now I have to source a local painter...
Old 06-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Colors_By_Dave
It's safe to estimate that $60-70 would be the low end, if you are expecting fine detail. If you expect PERFECTION, you could be seeing $150 or more.
+1 on dave there I would agree totally you get what you pay for.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

Sorry but im a proud person so putting a price on something isnt really anything......if your new then look at something basic but if you plan on racing for a long time try to find someone that would bring out the inner you....IMHO you ride affects how you drive.....look good...feel good....drive fast hehehe!!!!!

BUUUTTTT lol i would say about 60+a body would be a good start as there are plenty here to help you out............no shipping tho hehe
Old 06-14-2009, 12:50 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you to all posts. I purposely worded the question that way. I have many (too many) expensive hobbies and I know that you get exactly what you pay for when it comes to things like this. You just have to pony up and pay the piper if you want good work of any kind. I just didn't know where to start...Or what to expect... Like I said I am pretty good with the air brush and paint all my own bodies and many for my racing friends as well. However, these bodies are VERY hard to come by and I want a something extra special for this project. Thats why I thought I would post here. I really appreciate all the PM's and posts. Seeing the pictures of everyones work has made me realize I made the right choice to outsource this job.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motor'n
Thank you to all posts. I purposely worded the question that way. I have many (too many) expensive hobbies and I know that you get exactly what you pay for when it comes to things like this. You just have to pony up and pay the piper if you want good work of any kind. I just didn't know where to start...Or what to expect... Like I said I am pretty good with the air brush and paint all my own bodies and many for my racing friends as well. However, these bodies are VERY hard to come by and I want a something extra special for this project. Thats why I thought I would post here. I really appreciate all the PM's and posts. Seeing the pictures of everyones work has made me realize I made the right choice to outsource this job.
hey, if your willing to go outta state pimp 9000 does awesome work, he does most of the work in az racins scene, hes done 2 of mine and hes doing 2 more, heres the car he done for me
Attached Thumbnails What should I expect to pay for talent?-img_0320.jpg   What should I expect to pay for talent?-0530091535.jpg