Wiki Posts
Search

Extreme Paint is back!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Tech Adept

Default Extreme Paint is back!

i edited this first post for some pertanent info

First! im back panitng but i need your help to motivate me! so send me in those orders and get my mind moving i always love a picky customer with a good challenge!

second im open to trades and hagling. my prices are not set in stone and im flexible with my artwork. your budget shouldnt fit my work. My work will fit in your budget!

currently im seeking lipos chargers servos some rock crawler stuff and off road vehicles along with classics. and if its really tempting i can give you cash and a body for what you got! id just like to get as much paint work out there as i can

PM me for prices and detailed quotes!

common guys help me get this thread built with some awsome paintwork made just for you!!!

Last edited by extremepaint; 12-16-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

lets get this thread movin!! these are some recent and better pics im takin orders and ready to put out work!

oops how did that trophy get in there!

oh and incase you didnt know i do full size work as well!

Old 12-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Holycrap Nice work! Maybe you could shave a bit of that talent off and give it to me... so I could do something as simple as a drop shadow

Id like to see a closeup of that paintjob sitting next to your trophy
Old 12-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

ill post up a pic later tonight of that body

for your drop shadows i'll give you a few shavings of my advice

first and formost you need to get your paint consitancy right! start with a very thin black... i actually use 1 part black 2-4 parts clear depending on the color it goes on then reduced till it sprays nice and smooth. basically wear you can barley see my pass with the paint. and another tip when doing it over colors mix in some of the color that it will be shadowing this is another great way to get that black nice and light. so try a thin black or a black mixed with yoru base color this should help!!

after you've got a nice thin black that you can barley see what i want you to do is practice doing passes with the layers of paint so you can build them up to the shade you want it (backing with appropriate colored construction paper will help you see what your doing, white works well for this)

so thats basically it.. unless your having problems getting black splotches at the end of the stroke right at the tip of the shadow. to get rid of this keep your air on!! actually always keep your air on this is an important part of airbrushing... let the trigger pull do the work.

the basic shadow is called a dagger stroke. wear you have it fat at one end of the pass and then thinned out at the end.. so the basic steps; air on. start pulling paint at the beggining of your stroke, let it build for a split second then start moving yoru hands back while similtaneously letting the paint close off. it should look almost like a tear drop when your done. you can start very big and far away then start working smaller and smaller...

do multiple tries at diffrent sizes for good practice and try to keep them all lined up. when you match tips and tails this is what gives you that practice/control of the cut off point.

any questions?
Old 12-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Thanks for the tips.. fantastic. I have about 300 practice "dagger strokes" on my practice pad already, but of course freehanding a stripe that gettings smaller and lighter across a page, is different than following a shape on the inside of a shell. My daggers look great on paper.

Here is what I do

- Air on
- start my arm moving
- paint on to a soft little circle
- keep moving
- as i approach the end of the dagger, paint slowly off, and slowly get closer to the paper

I didnt know you thin down your black THAT much though. I was thinning to like 3 parts paint, 1 part thinner. I will try going MUCH thinner and see what I get.... Windex?
Old 12-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

yup thats about how far i thin it! some times more sometimes less depending on what i want and what im painting over sometimes the hint of a shadow looks more real than a big black splotch! haha

also im assuming your using faskolor auto air or other water based paints. i've heard from a very reliable source ( he does some amazing things with auto air that i still dont even know how he does it!!!) well he uses fantastik (its a house hold cleaner like windex it comes in an orange squirt bottle) i dont know if this is b/c hes canadian but he swears by it! me i havnt used it personally but his reduction mix is like half and half cleaner/water then that is thinned to the point wear you can spray nice and thin!

oh and pics of trophy body!!

oh and keep your eye out on a how to for painting rock!!
Old 12-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

also got another trophy weiner too!

Old 12-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

pm sent