Community
Wiki Posts
Search

createx colors

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

where to buy Createx online? i have found a few places, but i wouldnt say it was cheaper than Faskolor...
Old 12-09-2003, 04:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by tamiyadriver
where to buy Createx online? i have found a few places, but i wouldnt say it was cheaper than Faskolor...
Try Coast Airbrush (www.coastairbrush.com), for one.

Considering that you can get a 4-oz bottle of Createx for $3.19 and you have to pay $4.29 for a 2-oz bottle of Faskolor, I'd say the Createx option is a fair bit cheaper. Even amortizing the shipping and a proper clearcoat, the Createx is the clear winner.

So says I.
Old 12-10-2003, 06:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Try www.dixieart.com also. They have free shipping on orders over $45
Old 12-14-2003, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

hi i have jsut paintyed my first body with faskolor paints and it has been drying for about 24hours and it doesnt seem that tough because i can scrape the paint of off the wheel arch cutouts with jsut the lightest of scrapes with my finger nail i was just wondering if this is normal for this paint? it is the proper stuff for car bodys

Thanks
Old 12-14-2003, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

With regards to acrylics scratching off, if it's just virgin paint (very recently applied) it'll come off quite easily and must be treated with care. I suggest giving it a week. Or two. It needs time to properly cure up.
Even then though it won't be impervious to damage.. if for example your suspension breaks mid-race and a tire rubs against a fender for the rest of the race you're going to have a bare patch where it was rubbing.
On the other hand though the kind of impact where the entire nose of your car is folded in on itself won't harm the paint at all.
I've done both. Many times.

If you're in a hurry, you can always hit it with a good strong non-acrylic clear, or even a pigment if you want.. Pactra White is commonly recommended on the forum.

Cheers, and happy painting!
Old 12-14-2003, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally posted by John_S
hi i have jsut paintyed my first body with faskolor paints and it has been drying for about 24hours and it doesnt seem that tough because i can scrape the paint of off the wheel arch cutouts with jsut the lightest of scrapes with my finger nail i was just wondering if this is normal for this paint? it is the proper stuff for car bodys

Thanks
Try putting a hair dryer to help with the drying process.
Also waterbase paint need more then 24hrs to be fully cure.
Old 12-14-2003, 01:44 PM
Tech Addict

ok thanks guys it is my first experience in using the paint and was jsut unshure because my tamiya cans used to be race ready in like a day or so ill let this body dry over the holidays anyway