Wiki Posts
Search

What colors are these?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default What colors are these?

I've got a friend with an air brush setup and I'd like to do some practicing with it and then try to paint up a few simple bodies with nothing more than some simple fading between colors. I understand this is art that takes practice but I need to start somewhere!

I'd like to use the colors on these cars in the enclosed image, hopefully I can get it to post correctly.

My question to you guys is - seeing this image, can someone guess which colors I need to buy? I see some black, some yellow, some red, some orange but obviously the are lots of varieties of these basic colors and I thought some of you might be able to give me some guidance.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default colors

Looks like red orange and black. If you spray your black first then red the orange will give depth to the red.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks for the tip on the order. Sounds like the color selection is more straightforward then I thought it would be, I thought there might be some particular shades that you guys would suggest from the picture, sounds like I was overcomplicating.

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

your guess is as good as ours from that pic mate.
could be pearls or opaques, custom mixed or straight from the bottle.
might even have some simple design elements in there from the look of it.
looks like some sort of black n 2 shades of orange to me.
if youre just startin out, get some some colors you like the look/sound of n have a play.
good luck n have fun. give a shout in here if you need help....more than enough people here able to offer advice.

jon