Wiki Posts
Search

stencil mask

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default stencil mask

where is a good place to buy stencil mask that is flexible?

Thanks
Old 08-24-2008, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by forrestboy
where is a good place to buy stencil mask that is flexible?

Thanks
Try www.signwarehouse.com
http://www.signwarehouse.com/shop/me...ode=VSPRAYMASK
Old 08-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

if you want to make your own then the plastic school folders at places like wal mart work very well for it.. the paint washes off easily and at like 20 cents for a folder the price is right.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by looper
if you want to make your own then the plastic school folders at places like wal mart work very well for it.. the paint washes off easily and at like 20 cents for a folder the price is right.
Thats a good idea I should try that!
Old 08-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

IMO Artool stencils are totally worth the $15-25. I have made stencils from Lexan, transparency paper, cardboard, paperboard, pretty much everything imaginable. Then I discovered Artool. They are definitely worth the money. They are well designed and thought out to match curves, etc... They are not just random patterns. I have the Texture FX Mini and some discontinued one that is like a French curve and both of them are worth the money. They are worth it to help get you out of trouble when you pull up mask you shouldn't have, etc... The $15 for a quality stencils has saved me tons and prevented mistakes, paint bleed, and stuff like that which could have made the difference between making $25 or $30 on a body.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Kropy what brand is that spray mask? It didn't really say? I'm intrested in something that will work much like the pre-cut spray masks that are out from most of the companies like parma, etc..... Is the libnk you provided of similar qualities?

Looks like Oracal also puts out a OraMask "spray mask" stencil film listed on that site.

http://www.signwarehouse.com/c-VSSTENC.htmlIs this also something that will work well? I've been pretty happy so far with their regular vinyl material.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i am with big kid looking for something similar to the pre cut spray mask and window mask that comes with the bodies? i have used the transpanet blue spray mask from signwarehouse.com but it just does not flex good.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big-Kid
Kropy what brand is that spray mask? It didn't really say? I'm intrested in something that will work much like the pre-cut spray masks that are out from most of the companies like parma, etc..... Is the libnk you provided of similar qualities?

Looks like Oracal also puts out a OraMask "spray mask" stencil film listed on that site.

http://www.signwarehouse.com/c-VSSTENC.htmlIs this also something that will work well? I've been pretty happy so far with their regular vinyl material.
I think it's one of their "House Brands" and It works pretty good
You can get Mactac paint mask by the yard here http://www.hhsignsupply.com/productc...dproduct=20448

Last edited by Kropy; 08-25-2008 at 01:43 PM.