Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree294Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by St. George
Would the '69 Camaro or Firebird bodies work on a TT-01 or is that chassis too narrow? I know the wheelbase would work.
Those bodies would work on the TT-01, Ive quite a few on them. The rear fenders may stick out a ways, so I would advise getting off set rims and it should look great!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Here's my latest body for ME for my Associated TC3. Its an HPI '69 Camaro Z28. The color is Faskolor orange pearl. I originally painted it to sell, but I like orange, and this simple scheme just looked great when I got it done. Really shows the awesome lines of the 69 body. The nose of this body is a little thin, so I have done some goo in the corners to reinforce them. I don't hit the wall as much as I used to, but I still do often enough!

Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-camaro69orangevta1r.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-camaro69orangevta2r.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-camaro69orangevta3r.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-camaro69orangevta4r.jpg  
Old 10-28-2012, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

not a big Orange fan..lol...but I would rock that one...nice work...the hood lines for the black hood are perfect...

any tips on that?...I always screw it up...

also I like the old school TC3 logo/stickers...I didnt have any TC4 stickers but Brad gave me some older race stickers I put on the body...
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-img_20121012_200221.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-img_20121012_200530.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-img_20121012_200541.jpg  
Old 10-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
not a big Orange fan..lol...but I would rock that one...nice work...the hood lines for the black hood are perfect...

any tips on that?...I always screw it up...

also I like the old school TC3 logo/stickers...I didnt have any TC4 stickers but Brad gave me some older race stickers I put on the body...
I actually found the TC3 stickers at Tower Hobbies I think. Still in stock. But, that was a year or so ago.

I've had really good luck using that new green "Frog Tape" it is called. You can get it at Lowe's and maybe Home Depot. They claim that once applied it actually self seals it's own edge. I was skeptical, but it seems to do just that. And, it comes in a reusable round plastic container to keep greeblies from getting stuck on its edges before you apply it.

Scott

Last edited by IndyHobbies.com; 10-29-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DontChangeUSVTA
Originally Posted by wwddww34
This sounds like a great opportunity for us in VTA to stir up some competition between JConcepts and Protoform. Which company will be the first to make a 70-72 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am?
Hmmm ... I wonder if this challenge will work? One of those 2 companies should jump on the Firebird body.
So who's winning?
Old 10-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here she is again with numbers this time.

I think it's looks okay, but I think I should've stuck with meatballs.

This is my possible method for saving the front of the body. Went with the rally front bumper for the TC3 and found that the stock Traxxas Rally foam bumpers are a direct fit. Cheap and hopefully a decent solution.

-melon
Old 10-31-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default Orange

[QUOTE=IndyHobbies.com;11376977]Here's my latest body for ME for my Associated TC3. Its an HPI '69 Camaro Z28. The color is Faskolor orange pearl. I originally painted it to sell, but I like orange, and this simple scheme just looked great when I got it done. Really shows the awesome lines of the 69 body. The nose of this body is a little thin, so I have done some goo in the corners to reinforce them. I don't hit the wall as much as I used to, but I still do often enough!

Scott,
This Camaro is one of the best I've seen here. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BIG JIM WOODMAN
Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com
Here's my latest body for ME for my Associated TC3. Its an HPI '69 Camaro Z28. The color is Faskolor orange pearl. I originally painted it to sell, but I like orange, and this simple scheme just looked great when I got it done. Really shows the awesome lines of the 69 body. The nose of this body is a little thin, so I have done some goo in the corners to reinforce them. I don't hit the wall as much as I used to, but I still do often enough!
Scott,
This Camaro is one of the best I've seen here. Keep up the good work.
I love that driver figure in the Camaro!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys.

This is my Dodge Charger but this one is not for race. I boght another body but i want to know if i can use it to run in USVTA series!

The main chassis will be a Sprint 2 Sport.

Thanks guys....
Old 10-31-2012, 03:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MARCELO CAMPOS
Hi guys.

This is my Dodge Charger but this one is not for race. I boght another body but i want to know if i can use it to run in USVTA series!

The main chassis will be a Sprint 2 Sport.

Thanks guys....
Damn thats slick...who makes it?
Old 10-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That looks to be a Kamtec Dodge Charger body. Kamtec appears to be based out of the United Kingdom. Here is a link (http://www.kamtec.co.uk/index.php?op...hk=1&Itemid=53)

That model year Dodge Charger was not run in the Trans American series of the late 60's-early 70's (Pony Cars). It would have been run in NASCAR. (muscle cars). Here is a link to the current USVTA rules including legal bodies(http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/index.html)

Having said that, many local clubs allow other 60's-70's bodies to run in their VTA class. I would approach your local club and check with them. Personally if someone showed up at my local club with that body painted like a VTA race car (with numbers in white circles), I would let it run. It certainly wouldn't have any advantage over any other body.

BTW, nice paint on the body you posted.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
That looks to be a Kamtec Dodge Charger body. Kamtec appears to be based out of the United Kingdom. Here is a link (http://www.kamtec.co.uk/index.php?op...hk=1&Itemid=53)
Definitely sweet looking ride that decal sheet for the charger is beautiful

Kamtec always made nice stuff - glad to see they've expanded their offerings
Old 11-01-2012, 05:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys..Thanks a lot..

This body isn't a Kamtec. This body is made here in Brazil by BOLHAPOINT:

www.bolhapoint.com.br

I will do one but like a USVTA car rules (colors, stickers). I bought decals with Carl from Car stickers design. They are very good. Numbers in a white circle!!!

I know that this car runs in NASCAR but i love Vintage racing cars.

During the next week i'll paint this car....

Thanks guys...

Marcelo
Old 11-01-2012, 05:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer

That model year Dodge Charger was not run in the Trans American series of the late 60's-early 70's (Pony Cars). It would have been run in NASCAR. (muscle cars). Here is a link to the current USVTA rules including legal bodies(http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/index.html)

Having said that, many local clubs allow other 60's-70's bodies to run in their VTA class. I would approach your local club and check with them. Personally if someone showed up at my local club with that body painted like a VTA race car (with numbers in white circles), I would let it run. It certainly wouldn't have any advantage over any other body.

Thank you my friend. This car was my first paint job with two colors. All paint with pactra and tamiya colors. The chrome is made by Dimension Custom paints and is applied with airbrush.

My next Charger will be like Richard Petty with some modifications...

Thank you again...

Mrcelo
Old 11-01-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The drivers figure is cute. But theyare supposed to be realistic? Maybe I can find a Buggy Bunny ,Daffy Duck or Elmer Fud.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.