Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree294Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
Nice scheme jdob! Same colors I typcially use. Nice.
Originally Posted by dragracer72nova
I like it!
Dave
Thanks guys! There are a couple of things I would like to have done differently, but I will just have to wait until I need to paint up another one...
Old 11-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kregger
Dodgeboy,

You do some really awsome work. I didn't realize that it was most of your bodies I was racing against at the HPI challenge in Cherry Hill, NJ.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks I am having a blast painting these old style bodies .

I had a few there.

It gave me a reason to go spend more money on racing books .
Old 11-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Thanks to Jdob for the decal plug. Nice body! Looks good.

If anybody is interested, I just finished printing.

Exterior T/A Sponsor decal sheet - (9" x 6")

$7 - Shipping included.

PM me if interested.

also check out http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post5077271 , for my other products.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-logos.png  
Old 11-23-2008, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, I think it's time we bump this thread, especially since I just finished my first VTA body(& it & the car TQ'd & won its first time out, too, ), so here's mine...
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-msxt-acuda3.jpg  
Old 11-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default My Camaro

Here is my 68 camaro. Tamiya gunmetal and orange. And smoke window tint.
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-vintage-camaro-.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-vintage-camaro-f.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-vintage-camaro-c.jpg  

Last edited by leerjet1; 11-26-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
Well, I think it's time we bump this thread, especially since I just finished my first VTA body(& it & the car TQ'd & won its first time out, too, ), so here's mine...
you TQ'ed and won with a 'Cuda (this is loaded with sarcasm - because some people think there is only 1 good body for VTA and it ain't the 'Cuda lol)

I thought only Cameros won

Nice colors
Old 11-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default cool!

Originally Posted by leerjet1
Here is my 68 camaro. Tamiya gunmetal and orange.
Leerjet, This looks REAL. Nice job. I just started using Tamiya Paints myself. Nice colors.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Body saver - no more Cuda Crease

well maybe someone has already posted this idea i am not looing to find out - i found a way to keep my Cuda body from ending up witht e traditional Cuda Crease on the front fenders.......I used Dow spray foam insulation $5 at Lowes is enough to do probably 15 bodies - spray it in the nose of the car after all paint has been applied and cured.....allow the foam to expand and dry/cure 4 hours or so then trim it out to fit you front bumper (i use the Parma wide bumper TC4) - the whole front end is supported and re-inforced with foam - much like modern cars foam support that is under the plastic bumper covers on 1:1 scale cars.......cheap easy fix to the front end smushed noses of the Cudas try it on any car it should keep the front end from being damaged...it does not weight the car down either.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weracerc
well maybe someone has already posted this idea i am not looing to find out - i found a way to keep my Cuda body from ending up witht e traditional Cuda Crease on the front fenders.......I used Dow spray foam insulation $5 at Lowes is enough to do probably 15 bodies - spray it in the nose of the car after all paint has been applied and cured.....allow the foam to expand and dry/cure 4 hours or so then trim it out to fit you front bumper (i use the Parma wide bumper TC4) - the whole front end is supported and re-inforced with foam - much like modern cars foam support that is under the plastic bumper covers on 1:1 scale cars.......cheap easy fix to the front end smushed noses of the Cudas try it on any car it should keep the front end from being damaged...it does not weight the car down either.
This sounds like it should work. Let us know how it works on the track, I'm thinking it might pop out of place in a hard hit. How about crumbling apart a falling out on the track?
Old 11-30-2008, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

it adheres very well to the cured pianted surface and is not brittle very flexible - no crumble factor (not like styrofoam) - once it dries you cut it with an exacto or other serrated edge blade to fit tight to your chassis/bumper/etc.......cant beleive i did not think of this sooner - would work on any body that is prone to front or rear cave in factor - the Cuda is very thin up front and does not take a hit even a small hit well......I used thicker lexan and pop rivets to mend the broken split areas then i used shoe goo to help bond it then i sprayed the foam insulation in - i took my other Cuda that has not seen any track time and filled it up and trimmed it out i dont expect to have any issues with the body that has never been crushed or split the repaired body should be good for at least 4 more race weekends even more if i can stay off the walls and comp! ha..actually if you can drive you dont need to do this but if you are like me and hit everything in site then this will help preserve that $50 body.....i cant afford to buy bodies every other race.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile SWEET!!!!

Originally Posted by weracerc
I just bought the Shelby Body as I have now reduced 4 Cuda bodies into non practice worthy split up pieces of junk. I have used so much shoo goo that my nose may never recover. I will pick up a new Cuda body this week and try this out myself as well. I am actually excited about this as the Cuda is and always will be my favorite car of all time. As a Mopar nut, I would hate to give up on this body, but destroying a body every month is just too costly, and time consuming. Thanks for this tip!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Javelin knock off
What do you think?

Old 12-01-2008, 09:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think that is the best knock off Javelin yet!

Awesome.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Good job on the Camalin or should we call it a Javaro?
Old 12-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
Good job on the Camalin or should we call it a Javaro?
Originally Posted by Joe R.
I think that is the best knock off Javelin yet!

Awesome.
Originally Posted by dodgeboy
Javelin knock off
What do you think?

HOT DAMN!!!!

sweet as ever - and its all MINE MINE MINE MINE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.