U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

You're on Page 283 of 402
Go to
  • availability
    Quote: Does anyone know when these will be available.I MUST have about 10 of these(just in case its discontinued).That is the most realistic 70-73 Bird ive seen
    I preordered one from protoform/proline directly and it came in the mail this week!
  • Quote: I preordered one from protoform/proline directly and it came in the mail this week!
    Yep, I've already got mine mounted and trimmed. Hoping to slap some paint on it tomorrow.
  • Quote: I preordered one from protoform/proline directly and it came in the mail this week!
    Very cool.Post pics once you paint it up,unless you want to get rid of it.LOL...................seriously,if you do,let me know...
  • Protoform Firebird Trans Am
    Here are a couple Protoform Trans Ams we ran at Lou's Speedway in the Fall Fiasco Canadian Vintage Trans Am class (21.5 motors) this past weekend. Mine is the blue one. Dave Johnson was the top car, winning the A main with his white Protoform Trans Am.
  • The Doublemint car looks great.
  • I located a body claiming to be for VTA but I do not see it listed online anywhere in the rules. It is a 1963 Chevy Corvette. Can anyone advised if they are running this body?
  • Quote: I located a body claiming to be for VTA but I do not see it listed online anywhere in the rules. It is a 1963 Chevy Corvette. Can anyone advised if they are running this body?
    Not legal for USVTA.

Other Vintage Trans Am series may allow it.
  • Quote: I located a body claiming to be for VTA but I do not see it listed online anywhere in the rules. It is a 1963 Chevy Corvette. Can anyone advised if they are running this body?
    About 2 years ago I asked RobK (keeper of the USVTA Rules) why he wouldn't add the 1963-1967 Corvette Stingray body to the USVTA body list. His answer was very simple, if the car in question is not listed on the Historic Trans Am Race Roster, then it will not be added to the USVTA list of bodies.
  • Here's a comprehensive list of cars that have a USVTA-Approved 1/10 Scale R/C Shell:
  • Here's a list of 6 cars that raced in the Historic U.S. Trans-Am Series, but have not been made in 1/10 scale r/c body yet:
  • Looks like that Tempest and the Chevy II both had fender mods
  • Quote: Here's a list of 6 cars that raced in the Historic U.S. Trans-Am Series, but have not been made in 1/10 scale r/c body yet:
    Didn't someone make a Nova or Cougar body already? might be Bolink or RC Car Kings or maybe RAE or something
  • Quote: Didn't someone make a Nova or Cougar body already? might be Bolink or RC Car Kings or maybe RAE or something
    RJSpeed/BoLink, diustributed by RC Car Kings, has a '72 Nova - not VTA legal, but....is legal in USVSC (US Vintage Stock Car - "VTA on the Oval").

There is currently no Mercury Cougar body at all.
  • Man I would love for HPI to make that 1967 Dodge Dart body!!! That thing looks sweet!!!
  • Quote: Man I would love for HPI to make that 1967 Dodge Dart body!!! That thing looks sweet!!!