Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Like Tree294Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Old 06-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Tommy R;12277305]Here you go. Check out post #111. They stay on the tires indefinitely unless you hit the walls repeatedly and rip or wear them off. I just replace individual stickers as needed. I love my Goodyear stickers!

Thanks Tommy!
Old 06-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Decals for the McAllister VTA Bodies

Just sent my 1st batch of decal stickers off to the print shop for the Grill and Tail lights for the NEW McAllister Pontiac Firebird body.

I was pretty happy with the paper mock ups. Also, doing some for the McAllister VTA Mustang and the McAllister 57 FORD Bomber body.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SWTour
Just sent my 1st batch of decal stickers off to the print shop for the Grill and Tail lights for the NEW McAllister Pontiac Firebird body.

I was pretty happy with the paper mock ups. Also, doing some for the McAllister VTA Mustang and the McAllister 57 FORD Bomber body.

Any word on availability? I emailed you yesterday. Thanks

GR
Old 06-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Any word on availability? I emailed you yesterday. Thanks

GR

EDIT Disregard...I found it, I was in the wrong email account.

Sent you a reply.

I Just searched my junk box, and my in box and don't see your email. I did get two others, and sold some decals to them -- I put my order in w/ the printer this morning, and they are telling me I should have them Thursday afternoon.

just in case it went to the wrong place - try this email

[email protected]

Make sure to put decals in your subject so I can find it.

Last edited by SWTour; 06-24-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

...impatiently waiting... the decals I sent to the print shop for the McAllister FIREBIRD should be done sometime today (if they hold to their promised ready time) -- I hate WAITING for things!!
Old 06-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMack12
My very first VTA car. I'm a R/C veteran of 26+ years, have raced just about every type of 1/10th scale electric race car, *except* a touring car - until now. I'm planning on running VTA at The Gate in Brunswick, OH (near Cleveland).
Pretty cool, Jimmy! Did you race at Classic Hobbies in Akron? Or Lakes on Massilon Road? Been a long while... I used to race pan cars and Bolink Legends at Lakes in the late '90s. If you know Brian Ehrley, I was trying to get him into 1/12 cars at The Gate. Now I want to tell him VTA is where it's at!
Old 06-27-2013, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm waiting on the decals before I paint.I cut out the body to see how it would look. Complement to Gary as this looks Great.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rodarbal
Pretty cool, Jimmy! Did you race at Classic Hobbies in Akron? Or Lakes on Massilon Road? Been a long while... I used to race pan cars and Bolink Legends at Lakes in the late '90s. If you know Brian Ehrley, I was trying to get him into 1/12 cars at The Gate. Now I want to tell him VTA is where it's at!
Nah, Classic had turned to off-road by the time I moved up here (January 2011), then closed that following October. never heard of "Lakes". I raced all over Florida when I lived down there.

Yeah, they've got a VTA class at The Gate when they run NORCAR/club races. I don't know this Brian guy, but tell him to get a VTA car together and come run with us
Old 06-30-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

Don't know if this has been posted before. I haven't seen it. Thought it might come in handy....

http://www.historictransam.com/Cars.html
Old 07-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Cool

Got my HPI 66 mustang fastback ready for the track.. thats Camel yellow (I assume Camel GT yellow) not camel piss yellow.. LOL chassis tc4 club racer, novak VTA combo, Venom battery

We have a big group in northern California growing.

Everyone is like the class except we have on Oddball that is a pro sponsored driver that laps everyone using a $800 sedan Asmomatrix. Some racers are shying away since the have NO CHANCE to win.

What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-003.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-005.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-006.jpg  
Old 07-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default 66 mustang Fastback

Pics of my 66 mustang HPI version Red weathered look
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-014.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-013.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-011.jpg  
Old 07-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BadBoyRC
Everyone is like the class except we have on Oddball that is a pro sponsored driver that laps everyone using a $800 sedan Asmomatrix. Some racers are shying away since the have NO CHANCE to win.

What do you guys think?
I'd protest 'im, and have 'im teched. Check what ESC he's running; there's only a few VTA-legal ESC's on the list. Compare lap times to what everybody else is running. Check the motor; make sure it's a 25.5.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Got my HPI 66 mustang fastback ready for the track.. thats Camel yellow (I assume Camel GT yellow) not camel piss yellow.. LOL chassis tc4 club racer, novak VTA combo, Venom battery

We have a big group in northern California growing.

What do you guys think?
The old saying goes that the cream will always rise to the top. If hes a better driver it wont matter if hes racing with a 200 dollar car or a 800 dollar one the end result will 99% of the time be the same. Driver is the most critical part of any car. If racers are staying away because of this driver is racing the class then they wont be racing very long anyway.

Really this class is about having fun with close racing and thats what I see time and time again at the races. What ends up happening is that people of like skill levels end up having great battles on the track and thats whats fun. If this guy is lapping the field then its not really his problem is it? There is no rule to eliminate drivers based on skill level. What happens when a driver that is better than this guy races the class and puts a lap on him? Will he just give up all together??? I doubt he would do that. Really just enjoy the races that you are able to have when racing. Racers get too wrapped up in where they finish just enjoy the race. Do you think the guy that finished 26th at the last NASCAR event is going to give up? No Im sure he had a fun racing the guys that were at his pace....would he like to be better sure but not everyone has that skill level and the sooner this is realized the sooner this will become fun and stay fun for some time to come!
Old 07-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Pics of my 66 mustang HPI version Red weathered look
Love the red mustang!

BTW here are the class rules thread. Not sure if Norcal goes by them or not.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-part-2-a.html
Old 07-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Protest

I would love someone to protest . I will give anyone my motor , speedo, or battery all they have to do is replace it. People fail to mention I make a race without a mistake. Haters gonna hate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.