Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Like Tree294Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Old 02-17-2011, 04:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MatsNorway
Might be a bad picture but my first impression was: banned! typical protoform to make it too low.
might just be an optical illusion - or the simple fact that the chassis underneath isn't a real chassis

even the HPI can get mounted pretty low - I know my camaro sits right on top of the shock tower in the front and I have a ton of wheel rub on the front fenders because of it
Old 02-17-2011, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GP40X
The AMX was NOT legal for Trans-Am racing. It did not have a rear seat and was shorter than the Javelin. It ran SCCA against Corvettes (2 seat Coupe Class).
True but not relative to the 71-74 body style. AMC won the Trans Am series in 1971 with Mark Donahue driving an AMX, which did have a back seat by then.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Addict

MatsNorway;

"Banned - typically protoform to make it too low" Say what?

The J71 is 118mm tall at the center of the roof when mounted properly.
The HPI Camaro is 115mm tall when mounted the same way.

The body was sitting on a AE TC3 chassis for the photo shoot.

I tried to be very carefull with things like that - believe it or not. I don't want to do anything to stink up the show in the VTA class.

Dale Epp - Protoform
Old 02-17-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The shell has already been accepted by the trustee of the Official National rule set, not to mention hundreds if not thousands of VTA racers and its not even on shelves yet. So banned it is obviously not. It is exactly what we have been begging for. Thanks again Dale/Protoform.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by daleepp
MatsNorway;

"Banned - typically protoform to make it too low" Say what?

The J71 is 118mm tall at the center of the roof when mounted properly.
The HPI Camaro is 115mm tall when mounted the same way.

The body was sitting on a AE TC3 chassis for the photo shoot.

I tried to be very carefull with things like that - believe it or not. I don't want to do anything to stink up the show in the VTA class.

Dale Epp - Protoform
so Dale, what do you have next on the agenda for VTA? or are you waiting to see how this sells first??
Old 02-17-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

It will sell.

I imagine that all depends on how the licensing falls.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Addict

k_bojar;

Sometime between now and friday afternoon I'm going to write a more detailed post regarding this latest Pf body as well as some of my thoughts on the VTA class and future body possibilities.

Since monday my life has been a bit frazzled. (the death of a best friend's mother etc) It's all starting to normalize today.

Thanks for your patience.

Dale - Protoform
Old 02-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by daleepp
k_bojar;

Sometime between now and friday afternoon I'm going to write a more detailed post regarding this latest Pf body as well as some of my thoughts on the VTA class and future body possibilities.

Since monday my life has been a bit frazzled. (the death of a best friend's mother etc) It's all starting to normalize today.

Thanks for your patience.

Dale - Protoform
thanks for the quick response, Dale. i was actually half kidding I love the HPI bodies that exist currently, but there are some that would be cool to see added to the mix

now if you read thru the threads, we need a ford falcon, a cougar
Old 02-17-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
now if you read thru the threads, we need a ford falcon, a cougar
Cougar!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

A proper BOSS 302 please!

A sharp eye will notice the licensing work-around with the "Javelin." I don't think that will be an issue. Even still, Ford has been VERY open with their licensing packages lately, as shown by the myriad Ford bodies on the market lately by all manufacturers.

Last edited by squarehead; 02-17-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grenade10
Cougar!!!!!!
x2
Old 02-18-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by squarehead
A proper BOSS 302 please!

A sharp eye will notice the licensing work-around with the "Javelin." I don't think that will be an issue. Even still, Ford has been VERY open with their licensing packages lately, as shown by the myriad Ford bodies on the market lately by all manufacturers.
I noticed that the word "Javelin" was never used. There is likely no AMC logo anywhere. I wondered if that would be an issue but since That company no longer exist.

I dont think that Pegasus has gotten sued for their licensing woes, but I have often wondered why they havent. Still they never used the proper names for any of their shells.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

In the late 80' early 90's there was a company called artgraphics I think, that made these sheets that had silkscreened letters and numbers so you could put your name on your window and stuff. Then they got bolder and started making Sponsor sheets. My local track was running NASCAR style bodies on pan cars in a big concrete Talladega shaped track. Tide sued the pants off of Artgraphics. You would think that they would just work out the license and take the promotion. Guys were still doing Tide based NASCAR themes after that they were just heating up jugs of tide and stealing the real labels off of them. Tide cant sue tide. I guess they can but....
Old 02-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
In the late 80' early 90's there was a company called artgraphics I think, that made these sheets that had silkscreened letters and numbers so you could put your name on your window and stuff. Then they got bolder and started making Sponsor sheets. My local track was running NASCAR style bodies on pan cars in a big concrete Talladega shaped track. Tide sued the pants off of Artgraphics. You would think that they would just work out the license and take the promotion. Guys were still doing Tide based NASCAR themes after that they were just heating up jugs of tide and stealing the real labels off of them. Tide cant sue tide. I guess they can but....
i believe the company you are referring to is autographics
Old 02-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CSeils
69' Camaro

I hope to keep it in one piece for the VTA Nats.

I used Parma's Faspearl Green with a back up of black to get that true 70's green. Custom made vinyl black body stripe and numbers.
What did you use for the "GOODYEAR" on the tires? Don't tell me a yellow paintbrush and a steady hand! Whatever you did, its great.

Here's my 66' Mustang GT. I used Faskolor Key Lime and did a faux carbon fiber on the hood. Ummm, OK, they probably had never heard of carbon fiber, but I liked the look!
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-mustanggt196602r.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.