help please help help ????????

Old 07-28-2003, 10:32 PM
Suspended

Unhappy help please help help ????????

I paint about 10 cars but i cant figure it out how they make cars like this it looks the same from both sides http://www.123outlet.net/body_page/i...theirry1_1.jpg
if you know how please tell me thanks.
Old 07-29-2003, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It comes from practice, practice and more practice.

If you'll look closer to them you'll see that they all have subtle differences from side to side if done free style. If they use a template when laying down the design it would be more uniform but there will still be very subtle airbrush stroke variations.
Old 07-29-2003, 05:57 AM
Tech Adept

Here is a simple method to produce symmetrical paint jobs.

1. Go to your LHS and get a couple of strips of TrimKote, a sign shop and get some sheets of sign vinyl, or some painters transfer tape in sheets if you can find it.
2. Sketch your design on the back of one of the masks with a sharpie or fine line pen.
3. Lightly tape one of the masks onto the back of the one you sketched on with so that the backing side face each other. Do not pull the mask loose from the carrying paper yet. The masks should be positioned glue side to glue side. Tape the masks down to a cutting mat and cut out your design.
4. Now you have two masks that are mirror edges of each other.
5. Position them on the body in similar positions. Remember, no one can both sides of the body at the same time so if they are off a little it won't hurt anything.

To get mirrored designs on the hood or roof.

1. Layout 1/2 the design on a piece of mask material large enough to cover the entire area.
2. Fole the material in half and cut out the design and now the image is mirrored in the mask.

Hope this helps,
Kevin
Old 08-02-2003, 10:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

You gotta see it this way that picture is a perfect paint job it was probably made by a professional with a decade or more of experience plus I wouldn't want my body to look perfect I like it to be original