Wiki Posts
Search

Createx vs Parma

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
What do you back the createx with to protect it from nitro?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVT73&P=7
Old 04-01-2008, 02:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? What

hello every body from spain.

I have one question about createx.

I have seen that there are several types of paintings, the auto-air, the normal ones.

What is the best to paint rc bodys?
Old 04-01-2008, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ok thanks, I can pick that up at my LHS
Old 04-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yankey
Has anyone else had problems with fisheye from Parma/Createx paint? For me it seems to be the paint because I have some (possibly older) bottles that spray fine and some that are problematic. I've had it with white, fl. yellow and fl. orange so far. Was there a bad batch or something??? Thanks.

James
That's from spraying to much at once. You HAVE to do the lightest dusting you can on at least the first 2-3 coats with thin paints (candy, transparent, fluorescent, and some opaques). I do the lightest dustings I can until I have even coverage, then I can spray how I please.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Faskolor and Createx are not the same things.

True, they are similar and born in the same vat, but Faskolor is formulated specifically for use on Lexan with flex agents to endure the impacts of R/C use.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by R/C Lidz
Faskolor and Createx are not the same things.

True, they are similar and born in the same vat, but Faskolor is formulated specifically for use on Lexan with flex agents to endure the impacts of R/C use.
Glad I just spent $50 on Createx paint.

Maybe I can mix some liquid mask in it to make it flexible?
Old 04-05-2008, 05:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The Createx Auto Air line is supposed to be just as flexible as the Faskolor. It has flex agents and hardeners in it.

The Createx fabric airbrush paint doesn't work as well

I was told to thin with the auto air base. It is the same as the paint, but without any pigment.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Well I've painted one TC body with Faskolor and beat the **** out of it. I'll paint my next with Createx and see what the difference is in durability.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

over the last 10 years or so I've painted dozens of bodies with both createx and Faskolor as well as autoair and to be honest they all work great I've never had any adhesion problems when the body was preped properly.
there is a difference between the Createx and Faskolor they start out pretty much the same the faskolor has some additives that help with adhesion to lexan. any flex additives pretty much dissapate as the paint dries so mostly a non issue, besides createx is a textile paint whats more flexable then a T-shirt?

As for backing the paint you can use several different products Createx makes a water based clear coat, Parma has Faskoat and there is always the rattle can clear you can get at most hardware stores. or just use a can of pactra spray paint white black or silver.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by regg151
over the last 10 years or so I've painted dozens of bodies with both createx and Faskolor as well as autoair and to be honest they all work great I've never had any adhesion problems when the body was preped properly.
there is a difference between the Createx and Faskolor they start out pretty much the same the faskolor has some additives that help with adhesion to lexan. any flex additives pretty much dissapate as the paint dries so mostly a non issue, besides createx is a textile paint whats more flexable then a T-shirt?

As for backing the paint you can use several different products Createx makes a water based clear coat, Parma has Faskoat and there is always the rattle can clear you can get at most hardware stores. or just use a can of pactra spray paint white black or silver.
Thanks for that valuable info. I was trying to figure out what to back my createx with.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by regg151

What do you do to prep the body? I've been scuffing it with grey scotchbrite, then washing it with hot water and a little dish soap, then rinsing it with filtered water to remove any of the harder tap water, and if it sits for any amount of time where it could have attracted dust, I clean with a tack rag. Anything there I should be doing different?

Rattle can clear eats Faskolor. I've tried both lacquer and enamel. Now i don't know about Pactra, but I know Duplicolor does, and they're both lacquer, so I assume Pactra will, and the Krylon type paints, both enamel and laquer, do as well. Urethane automotive clear eats it as well, even though they all claim they can be sprayed over water based paints.

I prefer the Createx clear by far over the Faskolor. It sprays much better. The difference between spraying water and spraying elmer's glue. At least for me. I used Faskolor once, took me 2 hours to get my brush clean. Createx, just rinsed with Windex had no problems.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

To prep my bodies I just wash it out with hot water and dish soap (not steaming hot! just hot enough so you can keep your hands in it) rinse out well with cool water then repeat with the hot water and dish soap and rinse in cool water again. Wipe dry with a paper towel ( i use shop rags that come in a box of 200 I got at home depot). once the body is dry I spray it down with some denatured alcohol just a fine mist and wipe it down in sections I do that twice paying attention to all the lil crevices. Then as soon as the alcohol has evaporated I lay down the first coat of liquid mask hit with a hair dryer on med. and apply the next 3 coats of LM (I put it on really thin so it takes a bit more to get good coverage but it dries fairly quickly between coats).

I tend not to scuff my bodies since I prep them before I have even come up with a scheme 9 times out of 10. if I already have the scheme in mind then I'll scuff the body a bit I use 600 wet/dry sand paper and scuff very lightly, again mainly in the areas that will flex the most.

The rattle can clear works just fine as long as you allow the paint a day or two to fully cure and spray the clear on in very light misting coats for the first two passes other wise it will eat thru the paint if you try to do one heavy coat the solvents in the can will eat right down to the lexan.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for all the info, Regg! I'll definitely be putting it to use on my next body.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i've been using createx for a couple months now. i've used parma in the past too. anyway, i sprayed my x1x truggy w/ createx (fabric paints) and beat the body to you know what w/o any problems. createx flexes just fine.