Wiki Posts
Search

VINYL CUTTER & TRANSFER TAPE

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 05:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ashley Cobb
Go to your local signwriter they are usually pretty cheap to buy small quantities off, as they buy in bulk.

Brand doesn't really matter, I've used some paper based stuff almost like masking tape, and some clear low tack stuff which was slightly better and you can reuse it dozens of times.
Brand does matter. There are good ones and there are bad ones. I have used most of the brands out there. The one that I have found always works consistently well is R-Tape.

Originally Posted by tripple-111
my wife run a sign shop most rolls are abotu $300 for a full roll
$300? That's pretty high. I pay a little over $100 for a 48" wide roll, and they cut it to whatever widths I want (usually I get 2 24" rolls) for free:
http://denversignsupply.com/
Old 06-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Play2Win
Does earl mitch company have a web site? If so, do you mind posting it?
http://www.earlmich.com
Old 06-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by russo11218
I am really intrested in these vinyl cutter's and I am seriuosly considering getting one for my own.So,far the only one that i have been able to find was the Craft Robo desk top cutter by metion of charlie b. Any How, would possibly charlie or anyone else have any actual honest feed back on this cutter ? Online I have only found mixed reviews if hardly any.Would there be any other cutter's I should be considering ? I would also like to see a video on how this cutter would work for our apllication on 1/8 and 1/10 scale bodies.They have a vid on the craft robo web site but it is for a card and they fly threw the process so fast that i could not make heads or tails of it .Any how any info would be great because i would hate to go with the carft robo and it be a wrong choice .thanks ahead of time guy's bert
I have used both the 8" stikka and the craftrobo and prefer the craftrobo. Both machines will do a fine job cutting vinly masks and/or layered vinyl decals for our small scale stuff. The advantage of the craftrobo is that it can read registration makes to auto align cut patterns for designs printed on your conventional printer.

Mark
Old 06-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

So I understand what the vinyl paint mask is for. Similar to what you get for the window mask that come with clear bodies. Correct?

What are you using the transfer tape for or how does it work?
Old 06-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by denver
So I understand what the vinyl paint mask is for. Similar to what you get for the window mask that come with clear bodies. Correct?

What are you using the transfer tape for or how does it work?
Transfer tape has a few uses but most commonly its used to hold a pattern's alignments during application or layering.

Mark
Old 06-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

So it is similar to a double sided tape. You take your weeded vinyl mask (pattern) and cover it with the transfer tape then stick the transfer tape up against the painted surface. Then remove the transfer tape and the vinyl sticks.