Like Tree1Likes

Airbrush Basics Video @ CFX!!!!

Old 10-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Charlie, Very nice job, and thanks for making the video for us to see how you do what you do.

What other types of paint do you use .. I saw createx and Alcad, what others??

I saw that you use the createx right out of the container ... did you pre-thin or is it used just as it comes ??

You said you allow for full air and then control the amount of paint coming out ... what pressure are you using

Your brush doesn't look familiar .. what kind of airbrush are you using?

Thanks
Chris
Old 10-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Chris,
I been using Faskolor a lot lately. I also use HOK. 90% of all the Createx and Faskolor is straight off the bottle and no mixing. I play with 40-50psi usually. The brushes i used in the vid is the Iwata Revolution and the HPC-H.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Wow 40 -50 pounds !!

Thanks for the answers .. In the video you were using pre cut masks .. Do you normally use spray on mask or do you tape.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Charlie, how long does it take to get registered at your site? Been waiting a few days for my activation email. Thanks!
Old 10-30-2008, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CFowler
Wow 40 -50 pounds !!

Thanks for the answers .. In the video you were using pre cut masks .. Do you normally use spray on mask or do you tape.

I have my own precut masks that are in production now. It should be released soon.

As far as activating..i just approved 39 applicants today...if you were one of them, you should be able to sign in.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hey charlie,first off awesome paintwork,you have inspired me to get back into painting again.Now having said that my current brush is a Paache and it seems to be acting really weird,ie.,spraying about half the time and when your expecting paint it dont come out then when your finally content with the weak fade thats coming out BAM here comes the paint.So anyway i was going to take you advice and pick up an iwata revolution but i see three different models,and for just a little more i see the eclipse line.Now i will be using for my own use and maybe paint a few bodies for friends but right now thats about it.I will also be using mostly faskolor paints,so with that info which revolution/eclipse would you reccommend?

thanks Jason

ps i signed up on your site looking for more info but i havent got the approval yet.

Last edited by BUDRACER1; 11-30-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BUDRACER1
Hey charlie,first off awesome paintwork,you have inspired me to get back into painting again.Now having said that my current brush is a Paache and it seems to be acting really weird,ie.,spraying about half the time and when your expecting paint it dont come out then when your finally content with the weak fade thats coming out BAM here comes the paint.So anyway i was going to take you advice and pick up an iwata revolution but i see three different models,and for just a little more i see the eclipse line.Now i will be using for my own use and maybe paint a few bodies for friends but right now thats about it.I will also be using mostly faskolor paints,so with that info which revolution/eclipse would you reccommend?

thanks Jason

ps i signed up on your site looking for more info but i havent got the approval yet.
hey Bud,
If you plan on painting for a while, then invest in teh Eclipse. I had mine since '96 and only replaced parts 2 times since. It's my workhorse brush. As far as your Paasche, if you done all the basic cleaning on it, then it is your paints. Paints do not have a good shelf life. Once it is exposed to oxygen, it goes downhill from there. I get this question all the time and when i ask them how old the paint is and they say only 2 mos...you have to consider how long it sat on the shelf before they bought it. Before you try to thin anything and spend the time...test with a brand new bottle of paint. If it flows well, then you know the problem. best of luck man, let us know how it goes.

CB
Old 12-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Charlie ......I was wondering if you could help me out. I have no artistic ability and I can't even paint with a rattle can so I run my bodies clear. How long do you think it would take to teach someone like me to paint like you and do you make house calls?
Old 12-24-2008, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Scott Welte
Hey Charlie ......I was wondering if you could help me out. I have no artistic ability and I can't even paint with a rattle can so I run my bodies clear. How long do you think it would take to teach someone like me to paint like you and do you make house calls?
LOL....honestly, once the painting technique is learned, you can pretty much paint anything. BTW..for you Scott, i will make house calls!
Old 12-31-2008, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hey Charlie, I tried to call you earlier but got your voice mail.I left you a message.Im having some trouble with my eclipse and was hoping you could help.

Thanks Jason
Old 01-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

first off i got say, amazing work!!! u make it look so easy!!! i have painted a few real cars and now i want to try airbrushing. i just bought an airbrush from Harbor Freight ( i know, i know, but it was only 20.00 for the brush and hose, on sale). i am only gonna be painting for my self. when will your paint masks going to be for sale?? i really like the style of flames you used in the videos. here is the one that i bought. do you think it will be ok??

Last edited by 1lowtaco; 01-29-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Charlie B

Charlie B? I tried to join your site a little over a week ago and have not received an email yet. I am eagerly waiting to use the info on your site as I am new to airbrushing and just purchased a craft robo from John.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jake O
Charlie B? I tried to join your site a little over a week ago and have not received an email yet. I am eagerly waiting to use the info on your site as I am new to airbrushing and just purchased a craft robo from John.

The email confirmation doesn't work right for soem reason. try to login on teh right side of teh homepage. It should let you in. I approve about 30 accounts everyday.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default yes!

C-BEE
I can get on the site but when I try to post, it comes up DEBUG, I can look at the Whole site just can't post, I like to get some feedback on some of my work, can you do a video on ghost flame, I do OK but that will help.
Thanks, era1FX
Old 02-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 1lowtaco
first off i got say, amazing work!!! u make it look so easy!!! i have painted a few real cars and now i want to try airbrushing. i just bought an airbrush from Harbor Freight ( i know, i know, but it was only 20.00 for the brush and hose, on sale). i am only gonna be painting for my self. when will your paint masks going to be for sale?? i really like the style of flames you used in the videos. here is the one that i bought. do you think it will be ok??

i got the same airbrush, i have not had the chance to use it yet, let me know how it works.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.