Wiki Posts
Search

New shoes!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 03:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default New shoes!

Woop. I hope the shock shaft comes in time to race this week end.

-Jeff
Old 11-08-2007, 06:17 AM
RCH
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Another 1/8 Nitro butchered. Sorry man, I know you think its cool and all, but if the 1/8 market was ment to be electric the companies would do it themselves. Its just appaling to see a awsome nitro ride turned into a run and charge TYCO.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

dont hate RCH, awesome conversion man!! but why not lipo??

nitro guys hate it when you put a couple laps on them when they have to pit
Old 11-08-2007, 07:26 AM
RCH
Tech Regular

I dont hate, I just dont see the attraction. The speed of them is ok, but no sound, no thanks. Electric is ok for winter time in the house playing, thats about it. I dont care how far wall plug in RC's will evolve, I wont ever downgrade and convert back to electrics.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:28 AM
RCH
Tech Regular

If you can pull a lap in the 8 seconds it takes me to pit and fully refuel you are better then the national champions!! But anyhoo, We always gain any lost time back and then some when the battery falls off and then needs changed. I can run a full gallon of fuel through my Nitro nonstop, how many charges or battery changes will that take, 8-12 atleast?
Old 11-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Haha. Well, if you like the extremely loud and annoying sound of 15 screaming nitro engines along with the burning sensation in your eyes and nostrils, I suppose nitro is better for you.

However, if you want to crush most nitro 1/8th scalers in terms of acceleration and top-end on most tracks, then you'll go electric.

Yeah, it's true that I can only run for about 7 minutes with IB3800s, but when you compare that ato anything else electric on IB3800s there's not much of a difference.

My main goal was to make a more durable basher. I was running an FT B3 and it just wouldn't hold up. I had the mamba max, receiver, servos, and batteries to begin with. I purchased the Hyper 7 roller for $120 shipped, the motor for $70, receiver pack for free, and various other parts for under $20 (plastic spur, motor plate, etc). So considering that this cost me just over $200 for the entire conversion (including the car).. well.. it's a helluva fun basher for the money.

I'm going to race it for the first time this week end (if a front shock shaft comes in time). I'll let you know how it goes.

-Jeff