Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chrome

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 02:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Chrome

I'm am ready to airbrush some spaxstix chrome. I only have pectra racing finish Met black to finish it..I read the painting tips and it said not to back with this color. Can I paint the chrome and let it sit overnight until I can back in tomorrow or should I wait until I get the right black to back?? What is a good black to back (to see if my LHS carries the right brands).
Old 05-26-2003, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

The chromes like to be backed with acrylics, i.e.: Faskolor Black or Pactra Acryl Black. The Pactra spray can black can eat through the chrome.
Old 05-26-2003, 06:09 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks for you help. I do have the airbrush pactra racing finish but I know that is the wrong paint.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:57 PM
Tech Initiate

I went to one of my lhs and looked at the paint. the only one they carry that is acrylic is called "model master--acryl in gloss black. Will this work with the spazstix chrome or do I need to order something online????
Old 05-28-2003, 05:54 AM
Tech Adept

The Model Master paints are for static models and are too hard and not flexible enough for RC bodies. It won't stay on the body in the event of a crash. Pactra makes Acryl acrylic lexan paint as does Parma with their Faskolor line. Either of these will work fine. Just let the lacquer cure overnight before putting on the acrylic.

Kevin