Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Atomik Bodies...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

use shoe goo because it stays flexable not like super glue which hardens like a rock.
Old 04-27-2003, 08:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Looks like shoe-goo it is.... seeings how I have yet to recieve a response from Atomik.

I bet they're not gonna be around long with that kinda' attitude!!
Old 04-27-2003, 10:16 AM
Suspended

What do you mean atmoik? If so there T-maxx bodys are very nice for the price. I think that they will stay around for awhile because If you go and buy a body that is clear it cost for a T-maxx about 30-35 dollars, Then you have to buy paint and if you want lots of colors then you have to buy about 4 or 5 paints. so it does pay to buy there bodys because its cheaper. A T-maxx body from them only cost 35-40 dollars. and it looks like a pro made it.
Old 04-27-2003, 05:52 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm not saying their bodies aren't a deal... just the one I purchased is flawed. Now if a company is reputable, they'll replace it. I have emailed them, now 3 weeks ago... no replies...not a one.

I refuse to support a company if they choose to ignore a complaint. I'll stick to buying bodies off of eBay for $30-$40... painted.... and they do look professional also.

As a matter of fact, here are links to two of the GT bodies I have purchased; Body #1 & Body #2

Why waste your money on Atomik ?!?!?!
Old 05-08-2003, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

If you've see my E-Maxx thread, you know that I also have a Atomik body. No problems here. Where did you put the tape at on the window insert?
Old 05-10-2003, 06:56 AM
Tech Rookie

They have small squares and rectangles that you cut and attach the tape to on the windsheild shell. Even after cleaning with alcohol, still refuses to stick, so I used outdoor Goo. It's stuck now and I can't see it ever coming off unless it's cut or torn off.

So a lesson well learned... by me anyways.
Old 05-24-2003, 09:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Maybe you should try calling them,
Their number is on their website atomikrc.com or email them again, keep bugging them about it.
Kiiski
Old 05-24-2003, 05:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Ya know what, I won't take the time out of my schedule to let them know a thing. I have a funny feeling they know they have issues and just don't give a $hit. Well that's their problem not mine. They'll never get another pennie from me.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Was the problem ever resolved? Why did you never call them? You could have probably called them in less time it took to write them an e-mail, and you would have received an instant answer. I personally never e-mail companies if I have a problem or question, I always call them and get an answer immediately.

Also, does anyone know if Atomik makes 190mm touring car bodies that are pre-painted?

Thanks
Old 08-26-2003, 09:46 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Accord
Was the problem ever resolved? Why did you never call them? You could have probably called them in less time it took to write them an e-mail, and you would have received an instant answer. I personally never e-mail companies if I have a problem or question, I always call them and get an answer immediately.

Also, does anyone know if Atomik makes 190mm touring car bodies that are pre-painted?

Thanks
Calling is the best solution. I will admit that I do e-mail first often times. If the company doesnt have a 800 #, e-mail isn't a bad idea, but if you don't get a timely responce, don't instantly go bizerk. Give them a call!

Chances are that it was either overlooked, deleted by accident along with the tons of spam I'm sure they receive, or possibly even never made it to thier mailbox due to a computer error you or they have. You cant just trust e-mail all the time!

I haven't seen an Atomik Touring body, but it doesnt mean that don't..