Wiki Posts
Search

Fasflip?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 02:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Fasflip?

Hello folks,
Could anybody give me an example of how this Fasflip works? Parmas sorry excuse for a website doesn't have a description and neither does Tower
Old 03-27-2003, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

FasFlip works easily. You spray it on in 3 to 4 thin coats, then back with black or another dark color and then take it out in the sun. Look at it from one direction, its one color, walk around the car and it will change colors. From a color change perspective, it's much much better then their FasChange paints. I like it a lot and best of all, it's not lacquer like Alclad Prismatics.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

What colors does it come in and where can you get it online?
Old 03-27-2003, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

I think its like pearl paint. Depending what angle you look at it from you get different colours. Its like if you put a blue on your car its would change from blue to purple to pink to red and so on.
I think it looks excellent. If you cant find any examples i suggest looking on car sites as i have seen a lot of cars painted like this(1:1)
Old 03-28-2003, 04:57 AM
Tech Rookie

So it's kinda like that stuff that Jeff Gordon occasionally runs on his car? Hmm...
Old 03-28-2003, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

also refered as Chamleaon Paint (sp?)
Old 03-28-2003, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

It is like Chameleon paint. It has a metallic look and the color change is very dramatic from one color to another. The pearl color change Johnny J was refering to is FasChange, Parma's first shot at a color change paint and the color change was not very dramatic at all. It turned out to be more of a color highlight paint, where the highlighted areas of the paint took on a different color tint.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

When i said "Pearl" i wasn't talking about a Brand or a Colour, its just what we call those types of paints in Australia. Pearl Painted 1:1 cars here have a very drastic change in colour, like bright orange to dark blue. Sorry if i confused you