Wiki Posts
Search

Airbrush rescue

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 12:15 AM
Tech Regular

Default Airbrush rescue

Hi All

i need to rescue my air brush, basically through slackness and lack of time i've let old paint dry up in my brush and was wondering if anybody could give me some tips on cleaning it out, the paint was faskolor white and i was thinking of leaving it to soak in windex but not sure if this is such a good idea?

thanks in advance
Boosta
Old 01-11-2007, 03:14 AM
Tech Regular

Talking

Hi, Boosta. This is what I do when my brush is clogged. I took everthing apart, soak the nozzel overnight in a concentrated airbrush cleaner solution. Next, I use the Tamiya - 'RC Cleaner Spary' & give it a good 5-10 sec blast into the chamber. This will remove lots of dried up paints. (dunno if is a good idea, but it works for me).

Sometimes, there are paint that are so stuck up, that I need to use an old spoiled needle & carefully remove it.
Lastly, I clean everthing up with warm water. Give your needle a little oil before assembly & it will be as good as new.
Hope this helps.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

thanks for that ET i'll give that a try, fingers crossed it does the trick i really don't want to buy another brush!