Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree456Likes

Your Custom Paintjobs

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I finished a few more bodies recently. I've been practicing alot and I'm slowly getting the drop shadows, but it's tough. It sure make you realize how good some of these guys are on this site.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=IndyHobbies.com;11768849]I use Faskolor paints almost exclusively. Seems like every once and a while, get a bottle that just fish eyes immediately. Its like they have oil mixed in the paint or something. Its not my equipment, because I'm often using several colors at the same time, and I've got a in-line oil/moisture trap.

The blue you see in this photo was from a fresh new bottle.

The solution is to mist it really lightly a couple of coats then apply a more even coat, but its still annoying. Anyone have this problem too?[/

Fast color is nice paint,I would be surprised if it has oil in the paint.and it looks like a lot of oil.I use water base creates a lot and any oil really trashes things. Did you try a new air hose ? And then clean the airbrush with dish soap.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

This is a Short Course Truck body that I airbrushed last weekend for a local racer. I don't think I've ever spent more time working on airbrush job than this one! All the flames are edged with chrome which took a while. He says he's going to keep it for his Show body, rather than race it. I'm glad to hear that!

This is the TLR Losi SCT Hi-Performance lexan body that comes laser cut. Really nice quality and its got flow-through holes in the back to help the truck track straight on jumps. If you've ever hand cut those holes or dremeled them, you know what a BITA they are! The laser cut version is wonderful for that reason. Neon Faskolor paints along with fasescent blue and chrome.

Attached Thumbnails Your Custom Paintjobs-luisspeciallosisctbody-001r.jpg   Your Custom Paintjobs-luisspeciallosisctbody-003r.jpg   Your Custom Paintjobs-luisspeciallosisctbody-004r.jpg   Your Custom Paintjobs-luisspeciallosisctbody-005r.jpg   Your Custom Paintjobs-luisspeciallosisctbody-006r.jpg  

Old 02-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VICTORY-RC
Fast color is nice paint,I would be surprised if it has oil in the paint.and it looks like a lot of oil.I use water base creates a lot and any oil really trashes things. Did you try a new air hose ? And then clean the airbrush with dish soap.
I agree, it is nice paint. The photo you saw with the fish eyes was when I started painting the Losi body above. I used multiple colors one right after another. Didn't have that problem with any of them, except the fasescent blue. Dunno. I'm thinking they just get a bad batch every once in a while. Or, maybe since its winter, a batch got frozen on a truck or something. There must be a reason why it happens.

I wish a Parme rep would be a part of this forum like the Novak guys do on the speed control forums. I can send Parma my question but then others don't get the benefit of an answer.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xrocket21
Sre you getting oil from your air supply possibly?
I wondered the same thing. I put a drop or two in the air compressor every few hours of running as they suggest, but I've got an oil/water in-line filter before my airbrush to (presumably) remove any that gets that far. And, like I say, I can switch to another color using the exact same equipment, a not have that problem. Sounds like others have experienced the same. I guess when I get a bottle like that, I could pitch it or try to return it, but that hurts the old profit margin, so I just get by with it doing really light coats and drying in between. Once a base coat is down, the problem is minimized.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

two new ones for local guys

Old 02-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com
I wondered the same thing. I put a drop or two in the air compressor every few hours of running as they suggest, but I've got an oil/water in-line filter before my airbrush to (presumably) remove any that gets that far. And, like I say, I can switch to another color using the exact same equipment, a not have that problem. Sounds like others have experienced the same. I guess when I get a bottle like that, I could pitch it or try to return it, but that hurts the old profit margin, so I just get by with it doing really light coats and drying in between. Once a base coat is down, the problem is minimized.
Put down a clear base before using any of the fluorescent's. No more fish eyes.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dnnap
I finished a few more bodies recently. I've been practicing alot and I'm slowly getting the drop shadows, but it's tough. It sure make you realize how good some of these guys are on this site.

Don't you hate the roof lines on that pink one? They're a pain in the butt and get in the way...lol
Old 02-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Ya, the ribs in the roof makes it difficult to cut and it limits the amount if detail that can be added to the roof.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jsinclair
Put down a clear base before using any of the fluorescent's. No more fish eyes.
And THAT is why these forums are so cool. Thanks for the tip! I'll try it.

Scott
Old 02-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Are any of you guys that have the fisheye problems scuffing the body with scotchbrite or something similar before you paint?

Reason I ask is because we were having a fisheye problem with some 3 stage colors at our body shop. Found out it was because the layer he was spraying second was too smooth and he had to scuff between layers to get it to stick.

Could just be another option if you are weight conscious and not wanting to add the other layer of clear
Old 02-06-2013, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rusty Old Fart
Sparklesecent Mango. It looks incredible in real life better than a photo can produce. The rest is Spaztix.

http://www.autoaircolors.com/paints/4580.html
Must say i have moved away from Faskolor and switched to Auto Air the vibrance and colors are amazing. The Sparklesecent range and cosmic sparkle are very nice. I still use Faskolor but mainly for smaller parts now....That Mango in sunlight has to be seen to believe.

Tryed a rolling flag for the first time on this shell just have to get the shadowing a bit better and ill be happy with it, Any tips on the rolling flag affect.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Cant remember if i popped up my last XB9 shell so here it is...

Old 02-06-2013, 05:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default My Bodies painted by FAZE...

Same theme we just tried switching up the colors this time.

All associated vehicles, Mod B4.1, Stock B4.1, Mod T4.1, Mod SC10
Attached Thumbnails Your Custom Paintjobs-b4-body.jpg   Your Custom Paintjobs-b4.2-body.jpg   Your Custom Paintjobs-buggy1.jpg   Your Custom Paintjobs-buggy2.jpg  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yer if people are having problems with autoair it isn't the paint. It's either airbrush and pressure or they are using 4011 reducer when you should be using transparent base to reduce. The range is brilliant except for some of the fluro colours, but they may be because they were old from the supplier, once i filtered the paint it was perfect. I've even started painting my mancave walls and its all auto air, the best painters in the world use it so it can't be all that bad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.