Community
Wiki Posts
Search

fluorescent white

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 11:58 AM
FTM
Tech Apprentice

what about metal flake? there are some pretty bright chrome silver flakes.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Tech Rookie

We are using Spaz fluorescents now and they work very well but Spaz doesn't make a white. I called one of their distributers some time ago and he said he would look into it but I haven't heard back from him yet.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:07 PM
FTM
Tech Apprentice

well, the term i keep seeing is halophosphate posphor in regards to flourescence. but that's always in reference to the paint they use for flourescent lightulbs.

maybe you can buy powder and mix it with white paint?
Old 11-23-2006, 12:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes FTM I found white posphors for sale that could be mixed for paint I think they suggested to mix it with clear but the smallest amount offered , which seemed like a very large amount, I would have to take out a loan to buy and I thought it better to try a paint mfg that had already had it mixed and ready to go. I just can't find one. I thought someone here might know alot more about it than me?
Old 11-23-2006, 12:53 PM
FTM
Tech Apprentice

yeah, i don't know. i've been painting for a long time, but i've never worked with anything like that. i guess i need to look into it!

good luck with it, though. i'm interested in what you come up with.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks FTM fishing lures are a little far afield for you I am sure. I know of no lure maker that uses fluorescent white. Fish have a tendancy to hit anything that looks out of place. Contrast seems to be important so if we could get a pure white that would show at depth I think we would have something. If I do get any info on it I will be back to give you a heads up and thanks again for your intrest.

Phil
Old 11-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I found this on a site I was looking at might help you a bit.

Which white will best "glow" under a black light. I am using Titanium White on black leather canvas. It barely glows. Can I do anything to have it stand out more?

Titanium White pigment will not glow under black light as you mentioned. You need to have a white paint with some sort of Phosphors in it to make it glow white. This is what makes white garments glow when you go onto a room with black light, as the detergent manufacturers use the phosphors as a "color brightener". IF you hunt, this is why you don't want to use commercial detergents on your clothes, because the deer see it like people see Fluorescents. We have a custom product called Fluorescent Clear. It emits a bluish white color. The standard product, GOLDEN Phosphorescent Medium, emits a greenish glow under black light. You might want to try Sign Companies for a Fluorescent White Paint, however, if you are painting on a jacket, they may crack when flexed.

also found this site that sells flouresant powder at bottom of page.

http://www.johnsonandallen.co.uk/inks.htm