Wiki Posts
Search

Question - Material Type

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Question - Material Type

Does anyone know of a sheet of material that is clear, but when apply it sticks to the body?

What I'm tring to do is, I have access to a laser engraver, which I feed it my mask design to the laser, which is better then me cutting it out, then peel off the sheet, then apply to the body, paint and then remove the mask from the boddy..

Hope that made since...
Old 03-31-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Does anyone know of a sheet of material that is clear, but when apply it sticks to the body?

What I'm tring to do is, I have access to a laser engraver, which I feed it my mask design to the laser, which is better then me cutting it out, then peel off the sheet, then apply to the body, paint and then remove the mask from the boddy..

Hope that made since...
Why does it have to be clear? You could just as easily cut vinyl with the laser.

There are a couple things you could use, but they generally leave residue and aren't as flexible as vinyl. Look for Sticky-Back or Friskit in an art supply store (preferably one that caters to architects, graphic designers, etc in the case of stickyback)
Old 03-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

You are correct, it does not have to be clear, I just need something that I can stick on, then remove after painting, with out living a residue behind.

I was thinking that maybe a sheet of polymer (cured) would do the same thing....

But thanks, I will check into this...