Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
1's again an irotating nooby airbrush guy lol >

1's again an irotating nooby airbrush guy lol

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1's again an irotating nooby airbrush guy lol

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 05:08 AM
Tech Adept

Default 1's again an irotating nooby airbrush guy lol

i no that they topic go through the forum all the time but struggeling to find all the things that i wanna no...
firstly ive jsut got an airbrush and compresser and dont no what to do next lol.
What else will i need to buy? paints etc, do you have to fine the paint down b4 useing? do you have to clean after each colour? etc any other related things that i myt need to no thanx for any help as im soo confused that the moment
Old 02-19-2006, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone
i no that they topic go through the forum all the time but struggeling to find all the things that i wanna no...
firstly ive jsut got an airbrush and compresser and dont no what to do next lol.
What else will i need to buy? paints etc, do you have to fine the paint down b4 useing? do you have to clean after each colour? etc any other related things that i myt need to no thanx for any help as im soo confused that the moment
Make sure you purchase a water trap for your compressor. Next pick up some kind of airbrush paint. Faskolor, Createx Auto Air, Spaz Stick, etc. Certain paints you will have to thin down. Most people thin it till it's becomes milky. Add a windex to thin down your paint when needed. Only add a little at a time you can always add but can't take away. You will need to clean your airbrush after each color. Water for the water based paints will work great. To help the water a little airbrush cleaner works. For other type of paints a solvent will need to be used. A paint resporator would be something to buy if you plan on painting alot. If you got one great, I picked mine up for $25.00 from menards. If there is anything else I can think of I will edit my post. I hope this helps you get started with painting. Relax take your time & have some fun. I also never get the right results with the search function here.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 02-19-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

and dont forget practice makes perfect.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mountaindr3wz
and dont forget practice makes perfect.
I knew I forgot something.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 02-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

cool thanx alot WW ill take every thing u said into account
Old 02-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cyclone
cool thanx alot WW ill take every thing u said into account
Sounds cool to me if there is anything needed to be added someone will. Alot of people know more than myself but I think I got it covered. Good luck have fun practice as much as possible. My skills with this new brush has been alot better. I am semi happy with my painting skills now. Getting good idea's for paintjobs that's another story.

Peace Aaron(W-W)