Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 1/6 r8 onroad beast

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default 2017 Losi R8 update

Hi all, did not see any latest post on the r8 latly so I would like (If I may) give some info and some advice on some things. First is that the price dropped from 11ish hundred to a grand. (I recieved mine for 900. Since I spend to much at my local hobby shop. Second is I contacted losi about the soft tires wearing out so fast and they said they came out with second generation tires now. So then I asked what the esc lipo cutoff was and they said 3.2 personally I like 3.5 since we all know 3.0 is a lipos lowest to be at. Then after running it for only a half battery I noticed diff oil coming out of the front driver side and on the front driver side wheel, I thought thats wierd by the wheel, there is no oil in that area. So I called losi and tech said that their cars like to seep oil not leak oil (as he said) in the diff ares when new?? Thought that was strange, so I cleaned up the areas and ran car and no more seepage, then I was tinking how my LHS had the box on display, it was on the driverside! So oil was grafity (if u will) seeping down the dogbone to the wheel. Also I had oil in on the EXPOSED metal to metal pinion/spur area which they said shouldnt be there but I later found out it wasnt the center diff leaking it was put there during manufacturing so parts wouldnt rust during storage intull someone purchased car, so losi tech told me, I also had this issue with my xmaxx but thats a different thread. So overall I do love the car, it runs great. The 8 body screws can be annoying but I came up with a sulution for that, I installed proline screw on body post in the 4 areas on top and left the sides off, after all its not a 5th scale that it would need it in that area, my opinion. And while on the 5th scale subject this 6th scale r8 is much smaller then my 5th scale cars, my opinion is it should have been a 1/7th scale, hope this infor helps people and please let me know if any of u had the oil seepage issue, thanks. Heres a picture (for those who dont know this car) of the 6th scale losi next to my 8th scale kyosho r8

Attachment 1416047

Last edited by losibarry; 03-07-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default Losi 1/6 r8 onroad beast

Anyone have the losi r8 ? I bought this and it is pretty durable, ran 4 battterys thru it with no issues

[URL=http://s835.photobucket.com/user/krazikev/media/20170304_132000_zpsdfoqdaot.jpg.html][/URL

Last edited by losibarry; 03-07-2017 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

Default Losi 1/6 r8 in action

Quick video of my new toy, enjoy all

https://youtu.be/msy2VASwAF0
Old 03-07-2017, 07:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Good to see a new owner. Had mine since day it came out. Stock tire has been biggest issue. Most were lucky to to get 5 runs. Most of us have been running 1/5 tires.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks 4 the info, guys at my track are doing the 5th scale tire thing 2, heres another detailed thread I posted, please read and let me know what u think, if ur having any of these issues, thanks Billy Kelly

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...r8-update.html
Old 03-07-2017, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Try keeping all your R8 posts in one thread as you already started. http://www.rctech.net/forum/oval-lar...oad-beast.html

otherwise you will not be able to manage all the input from 3 threads of the same car
Old 03-08-2017, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

, please post in the correct forum area , this thread is closed