Wiki Posts
Search

1/5 scale Late Model

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 01:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 1/5 scale Late Model

In the process of building a Late Model. Have a Losi 5t and a Baja 5b and had no place to run them. Got a couple 1/8 cars but have totally lost all Interest in them since buying a 1/5 scale. Around my area no body runs a HPI in dirt oval they all run King Motors buggies. Got the shocks set up and wheel adapters on and diff set up and now waiting on body and springs to come in. Can some oval guy chime in on what buggy you run in the 1/5 scale late models. Having the HPI Baja 5BSS I did not see no reason to buy another car so I am going to use it. Hope it looks close to this one in the pic.
Attached Thumbnails 1/5 scale Late Model-image.jpg  
Old 07-31-2016, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Talk to Jeff aka packfan on here, he is into the larger oval. But I believe late model is more 4wd like a five chassis, for 2wd he is running sprint car and modified.
Old 07-31-2016, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.rctech.net/forum/oval-lar...-off-road.html

So pictures of his
Old 08-01-2016, 06:51 AM

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

The car in your pic belongs to Brad Hill aka Bodies By Hill (look in the back ground of my 2wd Late Model pic). That is a King Motors 5B buggy. The HPI or King is what most use. My Mod is a King, My Sprint is an HPI and I am just building 2 Late Models. A 2wd which is a mix of HPI and King parts and a Losi 4x4 Late Model.

Brad is hands down the best body builder out there for a 1/5 2wd Late Model. Ronshop Racing does several Mods and a Sprint and also 2wd and 4x4 Late Models. I run Ron's bodies on my Mod, Sprint and Losi 4x4 Late Model. My Body from Brad is on the Fed Ex truck to be delivered today. Makes Monday's much better!

You have any questions, let me know. Happy to help.
Attached Thumbnails 1/5 scale Late Model-late-model.jpg   1/5 scale Late Model-13391393_10208946079465926_6786114042838118802_o.jpg   1/5 scale Late Model-mod.jpg   1/5 scale Late Model-lm.jpg  
Old 08-01-2016, 06:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks Packfan I am new to 1/5 scale 2wd late model. Talked to Brad Hill and Chris Wall at the Battle of the South a couple weeks ago. Both are great people. I had a very nice Baja 5B SS with no place to run so I ordered a body from Brad and hope to get it next week. Brad and Chris ran kahoes tires and no body In the country has any. Some people around here run tarmac's so I bought them. The track is hard red clay with little dust. I hope they work. What do you suggest I run for shock oil and diff oil and what color springs on what shock?
Old 10-23-2016, 05:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Does anyone know if you can do an EDM body on a Losi 5ive t?
Old 02-07-2017, 04:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just sold all my 1/8 stuff recently be because of personal hardship. Upon my return to RC racing, this is the route I will take. There are 3 active tracks in this part of the world, and they race much more often than we did with the 1/8. Brad Hill does make the best bodies. I will have a chance to meet him soon, as he races in my region.