Wiki Posts
Search

B3 Conversions

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default B3 Conversions

Hey there, a local asphalt track is converting over to a dirt oval and I want to convert an old B3 into a sprint car or dirt modified oval car. I have found the following conversions so far:

http://www.speedysracingparts.com/id38.htm

http://www.customworksrc.com/

http://www.kleinrcmotorsports.com/index.php

Who else is there? I am looking for a reasonably priced kit, so far teh speedy one is at the top of the list...

Thanks in advance....
Old 12-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

In the long run, you would be better off to get a Dirt oval car, like the GBX or the enforcer. I think all you will use is the gearbox. There is a Terminator that is made by Kranzels in Harrisburg PA that uses B-3 parts.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It really depends on the track.Dirt oval tracks vary greatly-smooth,hard packed clay foam tire tracks and loose surface dirt rubber tire tracks are more different than asphalt/rubber and carpet/foam on-road.Most purpose built dirt oval cars and conversions are designed specifically for hard,smooth,high bite clay with foams.Our local track here is a hard packed but loose surface dirt and the buggy based cars are actually faster than the purpose built "foam tire" cars.There is also a big difference between an EDM and a sprint car.The B3 is a great basis for either.Depending on the track,the EDM conversion can be as little as mounting the body and working on the setup with pretty much standard off-road parts.The sprint car conversion will be more involved.The big difference is that a B3 based EDM is very versatile and can be made competitive with purpose built cars on most any surface,where the running it as a sprint may or may not be worth all the effort.Sprint cars and EDMs are very different animals.Sprinters are pretty much the premier class of DO cars and as such are more difficult to setup and drive,and more expensive.If you have a B3 laying around you will get a lot more bang for your buck making an EDM out of it.

We also run touring cars with late model bodies on them and it's my favorite class.They're an absolute blast to drive,and it would give you guys something to do with all those rally cars you already have.The great thing about dirt oval is that if you are so inclined you can get a sheet of graphite and build your own car that will run right up with anything you can buy.Visit the forums over at dirtoval.com-that's where all the DO guys hang out,and there are a lot of them in your corner of the country.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Default buggy chassis

Hello we run buggy late models and they are a blast our tracks are not perfect plus we cant afford enforcers or any of the other high dollar oval chassis and our racing is great just my 2 cents on racing buggys
Old 12-29-2005, 01:28 PM
Tech Champion

The 'rougher' tracks require more suspension travel. Just slap on some buggy front shocks and play with springs.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:04 PM
SC
Tech Adept

There is also a new car out made by CDK...similar to a terminator in the rear with a different front end design. I have bought one of these car's and am very happy with the result's so far.

It is B-3 based, using the 2.40 tranny and all the arm's etc...the kit come's with chassis, body mount's, front and rear bulkhead's and shock towers.

SC
Old 01-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

if your interested in converting it into a dirt modified....give Redneck RC a call, they even have some used cars sitting in their case.

(315) 532-6826 ask for Art, Calvin or Matt