Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
Kraken VEKTA.5 Ultra 4 Class 1500 Unlimited Buggy - World's first Motorsport Grade RC >

Kraken VEKTA.5 Ultra 4 Class 1500 Unlimited Buggy - World's first Motorsport Grade RC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Kraken VEKTA.5 Ultra 4 Class 1500 Unlimited Buggy - World's first Motorsport Grade RC

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 06:17 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

true, but we need to make sure we take that with a grain of salt and keep in mind that from a pure track handling perspective its not a fair comparison. Now, if its something like "wow, this new vehicle handles pretty well for what it is in comparison to a 5ive-T", then that at least is a more fair comparison.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ruudxd
May I ask where you find many videos of people with a truck that has not been shipped yet?
And again, if what you see does not impress you, can also be because the driver in those video's is not driving the the car like you should?
I think this car needs a whole different driving then the 5ive for instance, but that is also the fun of it I think?
This is the point I was trying to make. There are some that have driven it, myself included. In the previous posts I have talked about how it drives.

This photo being from last July with the first prototype.

Originally Posted by puppeli
Looks like I have been watching it's brother the Hammer. They look identical in every way except the engine. You are right it comes in the end what you like. These two are not for me. IMO they have put over size solid axles for these just for looks. Some like it I don't. IMO the independent suspension works much better and if I would be getting a buggy it would be the Losi DBXL or a clone of the same.
With this same argument you might as well say that a Mustang and a Hyundai Genesis Coupe are the same thing. Totally different cars, totally different way that each came into being.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

How they came about isn’t relevant only that they have the exact same layout on components and weight distribution. It appears to me that the spare wheel has lot to do with the weight balance and makes me think is it just a spare wheel? It sticks out like dogs balls. The difference here is that I have a different opinion from what I have seen and you are selling the vehicle. If my opinion makes people think twice weather they buy it or not it has helped. We are all different but it is a lot of money to be disappointed if you find out that it is not what it promised to be. It is a nice looking vehicle both of them but I truly think that the DBXL has much better layout. Just put another engine in it. IMO.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:03 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I am not seeing how this vehicle is being sold as something other than what it is. Please show where you are seeing this??

Not sure how close the vehicles are, but I saw this mock up of a brushless firehammer:

Last edited by Cain; 04-22-2016 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

I heard the boat they where on sank.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So with the release date coming up , How many out there
going to pick one up or have one already pre-ordered ?
Have to say Looks like I'm in .
The Xmaxx has corrupted me to large scale
Old 05-13-2016, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm curious if any in this first batch are going to be available or whether they are already spoken for? If it were a brushless I'd already have gotten in line with an order but am still tempted by this one.

Is the obr 340 the fastest motor that fits? Thoughts on it versus the one that's available stock from a performance standpoint?
Old 05-16-2016, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

The first batch is not all sold out - but I am estimating they are going to sell out before the second batch arrives. A reed 34cc is probably the most potent engine you can get - the Zenoah G320 is no slouch at all and completely redefined what a "stock" engine can do when it was released ~2 years ago. A 32cc with a pipe is an awesome combo of power and reliability.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Awaiting the last piece of the puzzle
Old 05-26-2016, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

How do you think a mod 30.5 would be in it?
Old 05-26-2016, 11:43 PM
Tech Adept

Foos,

What all you got there? Like the scheme
Old 05-27-2016, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lylefk
Foos,

What all you got there? Like the scheme
Thank you,

In that pic, I've got an OBR full mod g340rc with OBR billed transfer plates, the Bartolone racing carbon cover, Turtle Racing billet clutch housing and Snapper clutch, a Hitec 1100wp servo, Proline Trenchers, and in the background a custom skin from Thunder Designs. Just waiting for install.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

Sweet, how'd you manage the turtle racing part, didn't think that was out yet. Love the carbon fiber/red combo, looks mean. Look forward to seeing pics installed!
Old 05-27-2016, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

Also, think you'll have any fitment issues with the carbon fiber cover? Is that the same one they sell for the g320? I've got the same motor, but my Vekta won't be here until Tuesday :/
Old 05-27-2016, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lylefk
Sweet, how'd you manage the turtle racing part, didn't think that was out yet. Love the carbon fiber/red combo, looks mean. Look forward to seeing pics installed!
Thanks,

The Snapper clutch is in the picture, but the "basket" or clutch bell is what we're waiting for, although Dave @ DDM informed me they are in transit to him now and should available for order this weekend I'll be doing an unboxing video as soon as I get the beast in my hands. (supposed to be delivered by 12pm MST tomorrow) I'll post a link to the video here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.