let's really "Burn Some Rubber" !!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

let's really "Burn Some Rubber" !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 12:04 AM
Tech Adept

Default let's really "Burn Some Rubber" !!

Why aren't on road tracks just as awesome as of-road tracks (Just flat no banked turnes,inclination ,longer straightaway,etc,ect ?
Old 03-25-2015, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by swerv
Why aren't on road tracks just as awesome as of-road tracks (Just flat no banked turnes,inclination ,longer straightaway,etc,ect ?
I would say because it cost's so much to lay a good surface for racing on road.
I also think, personally, we need to build tracks with less width on the lanes. I don't believe we need lanes that are up to 10 cars wide.
That in itself takes up too much unesessery room which could be used to make the track/ course more interesting.

Just my opinion of course.

Regards
BM
Old 03-25-2015, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

It seems to me some of them guys overseas don't have a problem with issues like that,for example take the Kyosho challenge, theirs are at least four different types of materials In that track if I'm not mistaken for one example...... I had watched 2015 Dirt Nitro Challenge (Phoenix Arizona USA)I counted at least three tracks ... I'm looking at the jumps the Bump the banks all the hay all of the dirt not to mention let's not forget space & all the man hours that was put in to make such aelaborate setup(An 1:10,1:8 &1:4 scale).... They're is set up and take down I bet that was a pretty penny..... Who payed for that several sponsors I would assume ? Now let's take a look at some of the on road scenarios.....The Nova Rossi Challenge 2014 ..... What was that they did threw some boards down in a parking lot !!!! Come on now all that money Novarossi makes !!!! What's the average price of a Novarossi engine ? I'll go out on a limb with this one and say around $320 if not more...... According to the video on YouTube they made 90 % of the Rc engines seven years ago.... WOOOOW !!!! Aren't their factories overseas ? Don't they have a clothing line as well (including shoes)? In my personal opinion the "Novarossi Challenge" should be build two or three tracks in the States and base those tracks according to theIr best revenue in the States so it won't hurt Mr.Rossi's pockets.....!!! he could even set up a couple of trailers selling Nova Rossi GT product..... There's all types of ways where's that would work out great for everyone(annually or bi annually..... There's endless possibilities in this.... I could go on and on .. I know it may sound like that I am ranting .... this could promote and bring more revenue to the GT/Rally class as well....... " If You Build It They Will Come.......
Old 03-25-2015, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by swerv
It seems to me some of them guys overseas don't have a problem with issues like that,for example take the Kyosho challenge, theirs are at least four different types of materials In that track if I'm not mistaken for one example...... I had watched 2015 Dirt Nitro Challenge (Phoenix Arizona USA)I counted at least three tracks ... I'm looking at the jumps the Bump the banks all the hay all of the dirt not to mention let's not forget space & all the man hours that was put in to make such aelaborate setup(An 1:10,1:8 &1:4 scale).... They're is set up and take down I bet that was a pretty penny..... Who payed for that several sponsors I would assume ? Now let's take a look at some of the on road scenarios.....The Nova Rossi Challenge 2014 ..... What was that they did threw some boards down in a parking lot !!!! Come on now all that money Novarossi makes !!!! What's the average price of a Novarossi engine ? I'll go out on a limb with this one and say around $320 if not more...... According to the video on YouTube they made 90 % of the Rc engines seven years ago.... WOOOOW !!!! Aren't their factories overseas ? Don't they have a clothing line as well (including shoes)? In my personal opinion the "Novarossi Challenge" should be build two or three tracks in the States and base those tracks according to theIr best revenue in the States so it won't hurt Mr.Rossi's pockets.....!!! he could even set up a couple of trailers selling Nova Rossi GT product..... There's all types of ways where's that would work out great for everyone(annually or bi annually..... There's endless possibilities in this.... I could go on and on .. I know it may sound like that I am ranting .... this could promote and bring more revenue to the GT/Rally class as well....... " If You Build It They Will Come.......
Good point. Would be nice if they did that wouldn't it?

Regards
BM
Old 03-25-2015, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

The reason why I used Novarossi was because, they have a whole racing event in their name .... let's not forget Airtronics as well ..... Aren't these the companies that basically charge an arm and a leg for their products( $500 for M12 & $600 for a Exzes Z PER UNIT)& moved overseas as well ? They've been around since I've been in the hobby 2 decades & counting..... we've put their kids through school, and their kids, kids..... They could make it into some type of Rc flea market on race event weekends ..... you would have the Old Hobbyists and the new Hobbyists...... (Tap,tap,tap,) HELLO !!!! LOOK AT ALL THAT REVENUE..... look what the TRAXXS company did....Their main focus was the consumer,&we all know how that turned out .... " You can't walk into a hobby shop in the United States and not see a Traxxs product on a shelf"!!!! Basically all I'm saying is they can throw a dog a bone & still keep eating.......